Eagles’ 🦅 Nest

I couldn’t resist a peek. Both tap roots are out and burrowing down. :+1:

Sky walker

Banner

6 Likes

Today at 10am will mark 4 days since seeds hit water. First two broke ground last night with helmets. Removed at 8pm. Got them into their home. Light is fully dimmed down at about 30". I’ve burned every seedling I’ve put under this light so far so a bit of stretch would be a welcome start. If I burn these ones I’m legit breaking out a blurple. Light will run 24-0 til I feel like they want less. No domes. Will mist heavily for a week or two until I start pouring water into the pots, this will depend on weight. They are still moderately heavy from the 1/3rd gallon great white watering before seeds were planted.

7 Likes

Curious minds want to know. Why no domes?

1 Like

I have domed three seedlings so far and two died and one grew slow so I removed the dome and it starting growing right again. So that’s it for me and doming. All the seedlings I grow by keeping tent rh up grow great. I’ve also grown out some auto seedlings with my photos and they grew just fine with 50 rh days and 70 rh nights.

3 Likes

Excellent! I was just trying to learn more. I think that is one of the hardest things for new growers to understand. We can give them advice but a lot of times it takes experimentation to understand the nuances of your micro climate. Glad you figured it out, I look forward to watching your young ladies through harvest.

4 Likes

Thanks! And that is a very good point! I have learned with my combo of 80 ppm tap and dirt choice that I don’t need to ph until feeding. I also get away with spraying my plants when I see the damage it causes other people. Weird, but like you said we experiment and adapt.

1 Like

Big fatty (black widow - biggest weed seed I’ve seen yet) decided to join the party. Just knocked her helmet off so three for three on ILGM seeds so far! A beginner note. If you take off the seed husk and the cotelydons don’t spread naturally take the skin membrane thing off as well!

3 Likes

free fertilizer

1 Like

Beginning of day two - getting some legs on skywalker and banner. Light was lowered 3.5" this morning. Now sits 34" from canopy.

6 Likes

And theyre off!

3 Likes

Day two winding down. Checked on the babies. They are still stretching. Light was dropped again. We are now at 30". I should have done this from the beginning but I went ahead and took lux readings from phone app. We are at 17,500 on the sides and 20k in the middle (skywalker as she is the stretchiest and therefore asking the hardest for more). I’m not putting any stock in the actual number but it will be useful as a reference point in the future.

Skywalker

Banner

Black widow

Everybody looks good, banner is shining brightest early on.

6 Likes

Its on now babies are looking good

2 Likes

Hell yeah, thanks brother!

1 Like

These are my first plants that I have added anything to the soil early on. That something being the Great White which was mixed into the gallon that was split equally between the three. I’m wondering if I should expect the plant to work through the available food more quickly meaning I’ll have to supplement earlier or will it allow the plant to make more economical use of what’s available in some way and I’ll have to wait longer to supplement?

Also my first run with jacks. Do you guys monitor ppm and begin feeding at a target number? Do you feed water feed with jacks or feed every time. I’m also thinking if you can give a seedling a full dose of jacks, can I just start feeding a week or two before needed assuming it’s gentle enough to be tolerable to a decent sized plant?

Any info would be great or we’ll feel it out.

2 Likes

I’m growing in soil and I completely ignore PPM monitoring. Your soil has goodies in it that
will confuse readings. As far as feeding, I’ve never fed any plant before it starts depleting the
soil. It will most definitely cause ‘Nute’ burn. I have 2 gorilla glues in soil and I’m on my 7th week
of nothing but water and Silica. I’ve used Great White as well and I gave that a light feeding of
Mycos Chum for the bacteria to feast on. Unless your plants are showing signs of needing
nutes, in your situation I wouldn’t give them anything until at least the 6th-10th week. The soil
is pretty good for doing that.

1 Like

Day three begins…pots still heavy. Pouring water in not even a consideration at this point. This is the most water I have started with in a watering in because I wanted to get a decent amount of the great white in the pots. So we playing it by ear as to when I start watering. Misting will carry on. I’m misting the crap out of tent walls as well. Rh sitting about 90.

The stretch continues. Down we go. 27.5" now reading 19,500 on sides and 24k on skywalker.
Banner

Skywalker

Black widow

4 Likes

Beginning day four. Black widow lagging. Stretch minimal now. Brought light down to 25.5 I think we gonna be good here for now.
Banner

Skywalker

Black widow

4 Likes

Try to make a little mound and bury those stems a bit. Gives me piece of mind. Hate finding seedlings toppled over

5 Likes

Yessir, now that I have the light situated properly (I think) I’m going to fill in the top inch of the pots and get them fixed up.

I really have no fear they will fall over. I spray them a lot and they are almost always fighting that water weight to stay up. Their some strong girls.

2 Likes

As was astutely pointed out by @PurpNGold74 little too racy in the tent with all that leg showing. Pots were filled, stems buried, should be cruise control from this point. Expecting zero maintenance until ~4 weeks in we should see cotes yellow and then we break out the jacks. Still sitting in the package as I finish the dyna grow supply off on the other plants. For the record I’ve grown some great plants with dyna grow and don’t have a bad word to say about it other than don’t dare give full veg dose that they suggest early. Your plants will not like it.

4 Likes