E-liquid recipes by request

Ok folks, as promised I’ll share some knowledge about e-liquid. Now understand, I’ve never made cannabis infused juice before so the process of getting your plant to usable liquid is something I’m not familiar with. That said, I imagine a simple substitution “should” do the trick. I’ve been making e-liquid for over 3 years and owned a juice company for about a year and a half (FDA regulations made it impossible for me to stay in business) but I still have a small, loyal customer base that I “deal” juice to. lol

There are only 4 ingredients in e-liquid. Propylene Glycol (PG), Vegetable Glycerin (VG), Flavoring (generally mixed in a PG solution), and Liquid Nicotine (this is where I’d imagine the liquid cannabis would be substituted).
VG is the main ingredient. It’s mostly flavorless but does taste sweet and is what makes the clouds. Always use USP Grade VG as it is deemed “safe to vape”. PG is generally considered a thinner and also a flavor carrier, hence the reason most flavoring has PG in it. PG is also what gives you “throat hit”, that burning sensation in your throat when you inhale. Too much PG makes me cough so all of my recipes are “Max VG” meaning the only PG in my juice is what the flavoring already has in it. My recipes run from 75/25 VG/PG all the way to 90/10. Higher VG juices are thicker and sometimes don’t wick well in less expensive vape tanks. I’ve heard that you can thin juice down with a small amount of distilled water but I’ve never tried it.

Making the juice is simple, just mix the ingredients together and you’re good to go. Juice does go through a curing process known as steeping. Usually takes 1 to 2 weeks as it takes time for some flavors to come out in the juice. Generally speaking though, if your juice is good right away, it will only get better as it ages, much like our green leafy friends! However, if your juice is not good straight away, I always recommend to let it sit for a week and try it again. If it still sucks, let it go a second week and try it. At that point, if it’s still cat piss, throw it out. I’ve had disgusting recipes turn out to be glorious after a couple week steep and also horrible recipes that stayed that way. The flavors develop and mix, bringing the recipe together.
As far as where to get the ingredients, I use 2 sites predominantly, Heartlandvapes.com, and Bullcityflavors.com. Heartland has a really nice starter kit that has everything you need to make a decent amount of e-liquid, including syringes for measuring, bottles, and bases (PG/VG/Nic). Both sites have a large selection of flavoring. I’ve bought USP grade VG from Amazon before and it works fine.

If you’re looking for recipes, e-liquid-recipes.com1 is the only site you’ll need. It’s user driven, has thousands of recipes, a calculator to create/save your recipes, and features to keep track of what flavors you have in your stash as well as a feature to cross reference your flavors against all the recipes to see what you can make. Best part, FREE!

Now to what you’ve been waiting for. These are 3 of my best selling recipes. The names are changed but the recipes are exactly how I make them.

Strawberry Banana

Banana Cream (LorAnn Flavors) 7%
Dragonfruit (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 5%
Strawberry (sweet) (The Flavor/Perfumers Apprentice) 8%
Tart and Sour (LorAnn Flavors) 1%
Spearmint Gum

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 4%
Spearmint (Natural) (FlavorWest) 4%
Sweetener (Sucralose) (TPA) 2%
Vanilla Swirl (TPA) 17%

Morning Madness

Bavarian Cream (TPA) 1%
Berry (Crunch) Cereal (TPA) 5%
Dairy Milk (TPA) 4%
DX Sweet Cream (TPA) 2%
Graham Cracker (Clear) (TPA) 3%
Marshmallow (TPA) 2%
Strawberry (Ripe) (TPA) 8%
The recipe can be plugged into an e-liquid calculator and the values will be translated into ml to make any amount you like along with the Nic/Cannabis, VG, and PG needed. Hint: 1 Fl oz is 30 ml.
If anyone has any questions,I’m glad to help, feel free to ask! I’ve been picking all of your brains to get my first grow going and this is a small token of my appreciation.

Enjoy!
Edit: I hope the links I posted are acceptable and fall within the guidelines of the forum. Any discrepancies, please let me know and I’ll delete them.
@bob31

9 Likes

this is very interest proportion

Hi,
So what do you mix in with the THC in it? Hash oil?
Sorry to revive an old topic, but I have been wanting to know how to do this.

1 Like

When I started this thread, I had no idea how to do it. I assumed that is was the same as e-liquid with thc instead of nicotine. It seems like the process is different. I’m still researching how to convert my harvest into vapeable oil/liquid. When I do, I’ll be sure and share the method.

1 Like

Could you steep the VG with good weed ground up, and then filter it some how? Sounds workable to me Bro. I have been vaping for three years now to stop smoking butts. And I do my share of simmering vaped weed in butter to make kick-ass brownies from scratch. Works superbly Boss!

1 Like

This looks interesting. :slight_smile: