Dying seedlings don't know why 😩

It looks like whatever medium they’re in is burning them up.

2 Likes

Need some more information fill out a support ticket just as a guess from the pictures I would say over watering

2 Likes

How do I check that? The ‘run off’ was ph5.6 watered at ph6.4.

1 Like

What medium are you using?

1 Like

I tried to make my own soil. Biocanna Terrible plus, vermiculite, organically reduced peat compost, perlite, bone meal, miracle grow all purpose and diatomacious earth.

Try to avoid miracle grow, while it’s amazing for tomatoes and peppers it is far too hot for cannabis, every time you water you’re letting the fertilizer in the MG release and it’s much too hot for young seedlings

MG is a time released fertilizer making it difficult to control how much you’re feeding them and when, other soils like the Fox farm lines are better suited for cannabis because you don’t need to add nutrients till weeks 4-6.

There are growers here who have great success with miracle grow, I am sure we can find one and get em in here

5 Likes

*Terra

1 Like

I will happily not use it and get something else…

1 Like

Mmmm my bad not as much MG as I initial pictured, I’m gonna try to find someone better suited in MG and tag em,

Try filling out a support ticket so they can better assist you

Yh i just put some pellets in the soil mix…

Fill this bad boy out,

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answers to your questions once hey have an idea of what you are doing.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?
  2. Otigin of seeds?
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower?
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water?
  5. PH and TDS/EC of if mixed solution?
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used.
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate.
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day / Night?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day / Night?
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? 4", 6"?
  13. Co2 Yes / No?
  14. How long have you been growing?
  15. What budget have you set in order to grow successfully?
  16. If you grow hydro, then please explain your hydro method. DWC, R-DWC, Ebb and Flow, Or; Other? Other?

16b. Size and temperature of solution in reservoir?

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to identify your issue.

Anything you feel would help us give you more informed advice should be included. Feel free to elaborate at the end of the survey.

Creating your own soil is a rather advanced aspect of growing. When starting out it is usually best to stick with commercially available products that are appropriate for cannabis at each stage of growth.

3 Likes

I Love Growing Marijuana Forum by Robert Bergman

Welcome To The

ILGM Grow Support Forum

Our experts will be with you shortly

pot for pot

Dying seedlings don’t know why weary

Grow CycleSeedling

indoor-grow

/

Kinkidred

1h

• created

1h

• [

last reply

](Dying seedlings don't know why 😩 - #13 by merlin44)

4m

replies

BorderryanValued Member of the Month

38m

It looks like whatever medium they’re in is burning them up.

dirtydaveRegular

37m

Need some more information fill out a support ticket just as a guess from the pictures I would say over watering

Kinkidred

33m

How do I check that? The ‘run off’ was ph5.6 watered at ph6.4.

BorderryanValued Member of the Month

30m

What medium are you using?

Kinkidred

27m

I tried to make my own soil. Biocanna Terrible plus, vermiculite, organically reduced peat compost, perlite, bone meal, miracle grow all purpose and diatomacious earth.

ThatsNotMineOfficer

25m

Try to avoid miracle grow, while it’s amazing for tomatoes and peppers it is far too hot for cannabis, every time you water you’re letting the fertilizer in the MG release and it’s much too hot for young seedlings

MG is a time released fertilizer making it difficult to control how much you’re feeding them and when, other soils like the Fox farm lines are better suited for cannabis because you don’t need to add nutrients till weeks 4-6.

There are growers here who have great success with miracle grow, I am sure we can find one and get em in here

Kinkidred

24m

*Terra

Kinkidred

21m

I will happily not use it and get something else…

ThatsNotMineOfficer

21m

Mmmm my bad not as much MG as I initial pictured, I’m gonna try to find someone better suited in MG and tag em,

Try filling out a support ticket so they can better assist you

Kinkidred

10m

Yh i just put some pellets in the soil mix…

ThatsNotMineOfficer

5m

Fill this bad boy out,

Experienced community members and expert staff will be better informed and more capable of providing a more informed answers to your questions once hey have an idea of what you are doing.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can. If you aew not sure, just bring it to oue attention. We will figure it out.

1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?indoor 3x2
  2. Otigin of seeds? Seedsman
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Feminized
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? top, filtered to approx 200ppm. PH 7.5, I ph to 6.4
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. Soil mix see previous picture and post.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. None used yet, baby bio and MG
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. Led BESTVA Pro 2000 at 20%
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day 80/ Night70?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day 55-70%/ Night40-50? Hard to keep it Consultant.
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? Little humidifier
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? Yes 6" with carbon filter(not attached yet)
  13. Co2 No?
  14. How long have you been growing? 1st attempt
  1. Indoor or outdoor? - size of grow?indoor 3x2
  2. Otigin of seeds? Seedsman
  3. Regular, feminized, or autoflower? Feminized
  4. Origin of water. PH, EC/TDS of source water? top, filtered to approx 200ppm. PH 7.5, I ph to 6.4
  6. Grow method? Soil, Soil-less, Coco, Hydro, Aquaponics. Please explain. Soil mix see previous picture and post.
  7. Nutrients or fertilizer system used. None used yet, baby bio and MG
  8. What typr of lighting are you using? LED, HID (MH, CMH, HPS), or Fluorescents? Please elaborate. Led BESTVA Pro 2000 at 20%
  9. What are the temps in your growspce? Day 80/ Night70?
  10. What is the RH = relative humidity in your growspace? Day 55-70%/ Night40-50? Hard to keep it Consultant.
  11. AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? Little humidifier
  12. Do you have a Ventilation system? Size? Yes 6" with carbon filter(not attached yet)
  13. Co2 No?
  14. How long have you been growing? 1st attempt

The leaves are twisting round themselfs. Are they dying slowly or will they come back?

What are watering to run off? I would pull them and repot in a cannabis friendly medium. A lot of amended mediums out there to help a new grower get to the vegetative stage fairly easy with PH water. That’ll give you some time to research nutrients to add :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

They were doing ok until i watered and fed them for the first time.

A little water came out the bottom when I watered. Then told seedlings don’t like to be drenched…

Yes they’re overwatered, At they’re age they should be getting small amounts and in a ring around the base. This will get the roots spreading out and searching for water. unfortunately that nice dose of water you gave them also released the MG nutrients and at an amount that is to rich for a seedling.

1 Like