Dying leaves on gelato cookies auto

Hi all, new to the site and only grown one befor that went well last year in the same australian summer conditions.
Plant is outside and gets a fair bit of sun.
Soil is just a natural soil mix with a tiny bit of natural compost in it.
Water i use i leave in the sun for a week to try kill off any addition minerals in the tap water (seemed to work fine last year)
Plant started off great for the for week or so, been around the 25°c mostly lately. Probably 4 days ago we had a hot couple of days around 33° to 36°
And since then the leaves have started to go brown and a touch mishaped and continue to be getting worse.
I put it down to heat stress but im not a hundred percent sure so was wondering your thoughts??
Thanks in advance

1 Like

Possibly stress…u been using any nutrients possible nutrient splash? Need more details hows water ph? How old? Water schedule

U need a good base nutrients to use. Me personally im running advanced nutrients micro grow bloom its ph balancing and its a good base nutrients…

Not useing any nutrients at the moment, just fresh soil and a bit of compost mixed in.
Water once in the morning and a bit of a top up later in the arvo. Not sure on ph of water, will have to go to a hardware and get a kit and check

How old i recommend starting nutes ASAP. What water are u using tap?

I use only dasani water on mine

I use this it can be used from seed to before harvest.
I also use big bud as well during flowering to increase bud size.
Start with 1/4ml per liter and see how she responds. You still need a ph meter as well as a tds meter to measure runoff levels once they get below 1000 feed

Do you know what kind of manure compost your using my suspicion is A. The compost your using isnt good for cannabis and is cooking the plant or B. The plant got some water on it and it fried some leafs these leafs that are effected wont progress and will only get worse until they die off imo the new growth looks good and is untouched which leads me more to B. And wow 36c is definitely warm and i know the sun down there is intense so its very likely the plant got some water droplets on it after a watering and it fried the leafs but id definitely look into a line of nutrient to start in the near future are you wanting to grow with organics or with synthetic?

3 Likes

@LiesGrows i havent formerly spoken to you but i think i came across one of your grows was it sour diesel auto? Reason im askin is i have 2 sour diesel goin right now one is flowering the other still in veg

1 Like

Nice to meet ya budd ive actually been helping on @Wadekep Sour Diesel auto thread thats where ypu probably see me the most haha

2 Likes

Oh ok…do u have anything goin right now?

Heres my girls first in veg been doin lst on her the big one is flowering been doin lst as well … i also fimmed the small one bout 5 times…lol

2 Likes

Same here im new and this is my first grow…its always good to meet a cannabis expert…

1 Like

Not to sure, it was just a bag of organic compost… i didnt put much in at all just sprinkled a little through the soil
I dont think it could have been from water on the leaves i make sure to never get water on the leaves when watering
I have just checked the ph of the water and its reading just over 8 so im gonna assume this could definitely be the problem?
My last grow was at a differant house in a differant area but useing the same setup so im assuming its a lot harsher water around here

3 Likes

Im by no means a expert haha just another random guy with a burning passion for this plant lol ill tag you in my thread so we arent taking over @Jacko1 thread

3 Likes

Try bottled water and use ph up down as needed keep it between 6 and 7

Very well could be the ph thats definitely outside of the optimal ph range id shoot for getting your ph under control more within the 6.5 to 7.0 range

1 Like

Cool mate, i think i’ll just go with bottled water for now til i work out a better system…
I see you have been doing lst, just curious at what stage did you start that? Been thinking of trying it myself but wasnt sure at what stage you should start

1 Like

I would definitely recommend to redirect that energy and create a level canopy. I chose to tie the main stem down and open her up and they both responded… i started em at bout 19 days above soil.

Yeah awesome, i will look at starting that off very shortly then

1 Like

Let me know if u need anything