DYI mother box gonna need help

I’ve been looking for a big bin for atleast 2 months I have finely found them and tomorrow I will be putting them together and if u got somthing to share or see something I’m doing wrong let me know I’m putting 8 net pods on each or more it’s gonna be dwc and how do I get the right size if hole is there a attach ment for the drill.

2 Likes

@WickedAle @oldguy @peachfuzz @Liljoe @covertgrower @Medic58 @Killadruid @Dman1969

2 Likes

Dats what i am.talking about!
Get R Done!

3 Likes

U can doooo it. Never done water. But I’m watchin :eyes: @Lostscuba.

1 Like

Hole saw works. You never mentioned the size so that’s a random one. Go really slow, and you may have to use a utility knife to clean the edges.

I also don’t recommend DWC for a mother plant. The growth rate is way too fast. I suggest soil. Unless you have the space to do a lot plants. Or a perpetual. @Lostscuba

LENOX Tools Bi-Metal Speed Slot Arbored Hole Saw with T3 Technology, 2"

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B004YK8DMY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_3j8DCb9BQYMYTz

3 Likes

@Lostscuba I’m sorry I grow in soil I won’t be of any help. But I’m watching. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

So I can’t do dwc. With this bin or do I gotta get drippers u got a submersible pump already I’m using 4 inch net pods and @Covertgrower I’m using it to veg and bud the plants. I’m gonna see if I can get some more tubs for clones but I can use help and @Dman1969 every one helps in away or learns today is a big day :sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

2 Likes

That’s right as long as your learning your still living. Have a great day my friend :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I have 4 net pots in mine and find any more would be too close together. I almst wish mine had just 2 bigger net pots. Unless ur planning on a bunch of smaller plants

And u can check at princess auto on lasalle for a hole saw the size u need, b much cheaper than home depot or lowes for hole saw

3 Likes

You can, I’m only informing you that the growth rate is faster than soil, and you’ll end up trimming a lot off, and wasting it. @Lostscuba

1 Like

Mine are bigger then those I just dropped them off going to get some weed from dispensary for some thinking mine are actually 2 and half of those 220 gallons

1 Like

Well I can get into this bin and shut the lid its big enough for 8 6 in pods and the lid is way diffent it’s not flat like that

1 Like

Yea princess auto has black buckets that’s where I was today got 5 more buckets that will bring me to 16 buckets running and this is the size

I have the same totes, it’s a grid type design. You can use a hole saw, but cut it on a flat surface that you can cut into. Like wood.
You also may need to make a hole in a piece of wood to keep it centered. A jig if you will. Otherwise it’ll bounce around and not make a nice hole.
I got you. @Lostscuba

2 Likes

and it’s pretty deep the water doesn’t have to me up to the net pod

Can the net pods be 4 or 5 inches away From the water @Covertgrower

Sounds right… should leave room for the net pots, and then the roots should dangle in the water and find their way in. @Lostscuba

1 Like

One down another one to goo is there an attach ment to make my submersible pump to pump the water through the smaller lines there is attach ments but they are to big almost garden hose @Covertgrower @peachfuzz

3 Likes

Im not quite sure what you’re asking, pictures of what you’re trying to connect will help.

1 Like