DWC with autoflower

Does it make much of a difference using a DWC system to grow autoflowers?

2 Likes

You can grow them in dwc just as a photoperiod. Happy growing and welcome!

4 Likes

Dwc is a little rougher to do that soil or coco grows. If u dont have a water chiller to keep water at a certain temp than it will stunt the plant. This i know for sure from experience. I have 1 going now and i put the bucket in a new spot from last grow and nothing but problems this run with it. Water seems to stay warmer than usual and keeping the plant small like really small lol. Can be done for sure but id make sure u jave all the stuff worked out before u run a crop of them.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! @Monstermash

Are the water temps getting above 70F? @Mark0427 just curious.

2 Likes

I don’t have a clue, but, WELCOME TO THE FORUM! These guys will steer ya in the right direction.

3 Likes

Yes sometimes up to 75 if i slip on checking it. Just gonna keep ice bottles and keep a bottle or 2 in the bucket and change it once or twice a day with fresh ice bottles loo.

1 Like

Temps in room hit 82 at times lol

1 Like

Oh damn, yeah thats definitely a problem lol. Do you use hydroguard too?

1 Like

If it is a single bucket without a resivoir then the bottles will soon be to big for the space the roots take up. Best to use hydroguard to help keep the rootzone healthy. If not it can cause root rot.
I would say 75f water is pushing the max temp. With a chiller I stay at 68f in res and max temp in system is 70f.
Best of luck and happy growing. Add hydroguard for sure. It is a must without a chiller.

1 Like

I do use hydroguard. I b e lieve u have the bucket sitting in a bad spot. Last time i used it i didnt have this problem. This time seems to be nothing but problems lol. Gonna move it or just not use it and stick with the coco thing lol

1 Like

Thats funny because I was struggling with coco during the winter. I trashed em all I went back to hydro.

Thanks everyone for the help. This is my first attempt at growing and I thought maybe hydro would be easier and better. but I am just going with regular old soil and nutrients,
I am going to use an airpot as that apparently makes overwatering hard to do. After the cost of a light and accessories DWC is too expensive anyway. Again thanks for the replies! now I am off to the confusing world of grow tents lol.

2 Likes