DWC really that easy?

I’m good there… 600 watts on 3 WWAF’s.

2 Likes

Yes, I’ve had major problems with water temps with my Kratky or Passive DWC grow. I did find a fix.

But for the resilience to cold of the plant’s genetics, I could have lost the whole lot due to carelessness and lack of research.

Details can be read here.

2 Likes

I know you all have already been there, but this is so much fun to me…

7 Likes

DWC reversed all my stupid decisions with soil. Not that you can’t reverse those stupid decisions with better soil knowledge. But I can say that DWC made this easy for me. Oliver Northy will probably be a weak yield, but I love what I learned from this.

4 Likes

SOG method with 4 plants in a 2x2 space is _______…oh just wait for them to get 2-3 x as big in flower.

3 Likes

Yep… when I planted the 4th, the Jan 17 plant was curling up into itself like a wet spider from being overfed in soil, transplanted, then transplanted again into the DWC system… absolutely did not expect it to survive. Then it took off, again.

They’re WW autos, so there’s not really much of a way to correct the situation. What I get is what I get. But once I harvest the big 3, I’ll replace them with 2, and then probably stick with 2 going forward.

4 Likes

Been there done that too. Popped a couple more seeds whe I thought I lost one only for it to survive. But they was in a 4 x4. Finding ppl are so excited to grow they pop too many seeds.

Own big is that space? If it’s 2x2 you would be better off with 1. I can fit 2 comfortably in a4x4 but if I add 2 more I am severely overcrowding all of them.

2 Likes

2x2, 4 feet tall. The key is I’m doing WW autos, which are supposed to be pretty small compared to most. Once I harvest the January plant, I should have a better idea how that works out.

It certainly looks like I won’t be able to grow more than one normal plant in this box, though.

3 Likes

Update: They’re getting there… I think the 3 are close to Max height and just need to grow out. There are some early leaves that are looking pretty messed up. Might be from a couple weeks ago when power was out for about 16 hours.

A newly realized complication from my inexperience in choosing to go with 3(and then 4…hooboy) plants is the amount of water these ladies suck up. I suppose if I was doubling mass every few days, I’d be drinking alot of water, too. But anyhoo, it’s clear: 1-2 plants at most or I can never vacation, again.

4 Likes

We are having fun though!

1 Like

In my 2x2 I use a “file” type tote that supposedly is 7.5 gallons:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-7-5-Gal-28-L-Stacker-Tote-Black-Case-of-6/44785761

If I run two plants on top of that thing it’s pretty stable for a few days at a time.

2 Likes

Those are a great deal! Even cheaper then my Walmart buckets and they are black!

2 Likes

Thanks, Bog! I’ll check it out!

1 Like

I went to Wally World and they don’t stock that 6-pack. You need to order online. Closest stock item was a clear 7.5gal and that won’t work.

I got lucky and found two of them at the Wally World near me. Hit or miss, unfortunately, when it comes to their totes. You might try Home Depot. Maybe there is a Tuffy version or whatever they sell.

2 Likes

Ive never had an algae problem." Used to cover everything but it was a waste of time for me"it may not be a problem for you. I painted some but it just flakes and makes a big mess, ill never paint anything in my grow room again. I got the ten-pack of 5 gal black buckets, very useful buy.

4 Likes

One plants roots will fill a 7.5 gal pot

I keep the tops of my plants dry that maybe the reason I never see any

That would depend on the size of the plant. I flowered four plants on top of a 7.5 gallon tote and their roots didn’t fill it. I don’t think it would require someone to veg a tent to the point where root space would be an issue in a 2x2 tent, personally.

3 Likes

They’re taking over! LOL!!!

These are supposed to be AFWW’s from this site. “Should grow to 20-24 inches tall.” LOL! That light is 30 inches up from the tub, and they’re about 2 days from giving it a big wraparound hug…!

Thing is though, while the oldest is getting some frilly whites here and there, none of them seem anywhere near flowering, yet. Oldest is almost 2 months old, 2 are 1.5 months, and by my unlearned eye, they still seem to be going full veg. Getting a bit concerned they sent me normal fems instead of AF’s, in which case I’ve been bombarding them with Veg lite 24/7.

What do you smarter peeps think? Could this happen with an AF?