DWC really that easy?

Thank you. I was just showing @MotorMage that you can do well with one plant. I’ve never grown autos, so I don’t know about them

1 Like

I got a 5 pack of those. Not touching them until I’m at least smart enough not to screw up an AF! :smirk:

1 Like

Like I say, I don’t know about autos, but I like the fact that
“I” can decide how long to veg. These are some monster crop clones I took. I have been a piss poor grower, in that I changed their water every week, and that’s it. Didn’t check on them in between changes. You tell me, is DWC REALLY that easy?

4 Likes

Definitely. My failure is really due to how easy it is to grow a huge plant in a DWC. I had a plant that was all but dead in soil come back to life and grow again in my DWC. Then to be rendered inert again by 2 plants that were born in that DWC, which was a mistake in itself, as I underestimated how big these would grow.

As this thread shows, it took me a while to come around to the “1 plant per reservoir” rule that many have adopted. But I’m a believer, now. I suspect now that even single AF’s will fill this box and tub. And that’s hardly a bad thing. Just means I’ll get the yield I need with less expense.

3 Likes

Last update here… methinx I’ll start a post in the grow journal area, instead. Makes the most sense…

Finally decided to “harvest” those 2 great big plants. They really had zero buds. Loose clusters of pistils and leaves, sure, but nothing resembling a bud. Sucks that it was pretty much a total loss. But now that they’re out, I’m free, ready and eager to begin anew:

2 Likes

You should have flipped them to 12/12 lighting schedule…
Why waste your time and money…?
Next time you grow an auto and its half of the space that you have , flip them to 12/12 … they will flower… :wink:

:v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

DWC is really that easy!

As a matter a fact, my opinion, it is easier!~

I preformed a side by side this grow.

Those in Soil, I had to water to run off every week in order to check your PPM and PH and things. You still have to PH your water going in and check it coming out.
When you do find an issue of some kind of Nuke or PH imbalance, then I found myself using 10 gals of distilled water per plant to flush and get the plant back in balance. Way more work than my DWC

With all the work you have to do on Soil based plants, the DWC just blows it away with Growth and ease of monitoring.

DWC, when you are ready for a water change, you just get all the chemicals ready, mix, then swap buckets out and your done! Plus DWC can develop plants faster and bigger than dirt.

Also, on DWC you can purchase equipment that takes a lot of the work out of it.

9 Likes

I built this from a 1090 gph water pump and 5 I forgot how many gallon containers. Build cost $400 after all said and done but sure the hell beats the competitions 2000$ price tag.

8 Likes

Looks awesome! Exactly like the how I wanted the one I started building to look… I never finished it and decided on an ebb and flow system instead. Those look like 8 or 13 gallon buckets?

1 Like

13, I was going to say it’s my lucky number

1 Like