DWC really that easy?

hoooboy… looks like I may be forced to top these, then. It’s a 4 foot box top to bottom.

Start them on 12/12 , should help to get them going… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

Glad to hear this is normal-ish! I hope there’s some pretty decent yield from these WWAF ladies and soon, as I’m really eager to harvest a Jack Herer plant.

In my case, I have a theory. Since there’s something to lean on, these ladies keep growing upward, leaning on a wall, and bolstered on other sides by other plants.

As I said before, this is probably not a revelation to you guys, but it’s new to me. Brand spankin’ new. I’ve been to a million websites for advice, but that’s nothing compared to straight up experience. Always learn from other people’s screwups, when ya can… but I’m good with hearing about my own screwups… politely, of course.

Still, I think they’re taking the path of least resistance. Which in their environment is up, and up, and up and apparently into the exhaust fan of their choice.

I’m looking forward to this grow concluding, not just for the obvious reasons, but so I can set up a nominal configuration in this box, which is probably 1 plant, dead center, as Wicked predicted. Then maybe I’ll get a big but not so tall, wide, high yielding plant.

And FYI, I was wrong about this being a 2x2 box. It’s 4’ tall but an 18 x 12. There goes my male ego… :wink:

1 Like

Net it, my 3x3 FIM tent to make bushy plants for my flower tent

3 Likes

So if you put that net out, they hit it and stop, but start growing laterally, instead?

1 Like

They will grow through it and continue on their journey to the light.

Makes it so every part of the plant get the same light. Anything that doesn’t normally gets cut off

7 Likes

She looks gorgeous! Probably the best thing for my box. One plant in the center, separate and support the branches with a net as it grows.

It’s ugly in my grow box, right now. I guess yield is what matters most, but I bet there’s a ton of potential being wasted in there. Any one of my plants would have filled the box on its own by flower time.

With the one plant one res you can really focus on what the plant eats/PPM and how much water it consumes and not have to flush them all at the same time.
And I only have four plants growing at one time so Johnny-law is ok with that in most states
2 plants in a 4x7 getting 14oz-20oz per plant every 75 days was the plan :man_farmer:
Look at her stock, isn’t she a sweetie

2 Likes

Depending on your grow environment, you may need a chiller to keep your roots in the right temp zone to avoid root rot. Also make sure that the bucket is lightproof.

1 Like

Long overdue update… I’ve rolled long past the lucky beginner to the “what the crap is happening?” side.

Recap: White Widow AF’s from this site in a DWC. Started one mid January, started 2 others end of January; one I started later had promise but just got overwhelmed by the others in the box they’ve been sharing. I surrendered it for the sake of the others.

They just kept growing, well over the 24 inches indicated by this site, to the point where I moved all the light out of the 4 foot tall box they were in to leave the box open and light from the side.

Seems like a good thing to a noob like me, but while these AF’s have been developing more pistils daily, they have yet to flower. They’re 12 weeks from seed at this point.

Am I being impatient? For the 86th time in this thread I ask, “is this normal”???

They’ve gone mad!!! Mad, I say!!!

1 Like

Wow, that is nuts!

1 Like

Thanks for the tips, Wicked!

My big thing is I just wonder how “normal” this is for WWAF’s. Website says 8-9 weeks, 20-24 inches. Here I am rolling past week 12 with harvest looking like weeks away, and they stand at about 40 inches, and they’re looking worse for wear to say the least. Can that happen simply because I’m an ignorant noob who overplanted this tub? Or did ilgm send me feminized and so they’re going beyond their expected height, and lifetime because I keep dumping light on them?

There’s 900 watts of light on them normally but I turned the 600 watt off to take a picture that wasn’t just purple/pink glare. But yeah, the tub and box are way too small for 3 WWAF’s. The way they were described on the site grow-wise I thought it’d be fine, but they grew far taller than expected. There’s really no room for a light at the top without lopping off about 6 inches from the plant, which is where most of the vegetation is. I did that about a month ago, and they didn’t like it much.

That tub is pretty much filled with roots. Healthy white roots, even. Clearly they’re competing for resources in that tiny box and tub. There is still room for water, yes, but the roots are thick from the bottom of the tube to about 2" from the top. Waay too much plant in there.

I just wish they’d do their thing so I can drop a single plant in there and do it properly. If the yield is pathetic on these 3, I don’t care; I just wish they’d get to it so I can move on and do it right.

2 Likes

What kind of lights do you have?

LED grow lights. They seem to be doing what they’re supposed to do… the 2 dominant plants vegged like rockets, and that was just with the 600 watt on them… showed real promise in the beginning. I suspect they just got too big for the tub and started strangling each other.

It’s down to 2 plants, now. I got rid of the original I planted in mid-January. It fought the good fight but it got bypassed by the 2 planted in late january, and couldn’t quite get any light for its own.

For the final 2 I’ve posted an eviction notice. I’m germinating a HererAF now for that box, and if they aren’t ready by the time that gets too big for the starter dome, they’re out, anyway. At that point, they’d probably be like smoking Satan’s taint.

Looking forward to getting those 2 out, one way of the other, so I can grow one good plant with the helpful suggestions I’ve been given, here.

2 Likes

One plant 4x4 scrog

11 Likes

Nice! I think I can safely assume that’s not an AF? :slight_smile:

1 Like

You are correct. Gold Leaf feminized

2 Likes

Danggggg Grandaddy013, you aint nutin nice! BAM! Jesus they look good!

1 Like