DWC Purple Haze

Based on what you have been feeding, I am surprised you aren’t seeing more indications of a phosphorous deficiency or an N-tox. However, one might argue that the looks of your leaves on the one plant could be signs of Nitrogen toxicity.

Honestly I think a good flush and reset is all that’s needed. The only question is what to put in the res when you reset it.

What GH Bloom nutes do you have?

3 Likes

You cant just mix off a feedchart and have the PH remain stable. In the winter I use about 1/2 of what the FC says and in the summer I use 1/4. Temps and lights will affect what the PPM should be.
“The nutrients you add to your reservoir are acidic. When the plant consumes these acidic nutrients, the natural reaction is a rise in pH. This means it is normal for your reservoir to have a natural pH up-swing. It is much more desirable than your pH dropping, which would indicate you have too much nutrient in your solution.
Here is a cheat sheet:
pH goes up, EC goes down = Plants are feeding. Potentially raise nutrient levels.
pH goes down, EC goes up = Plants are putting nutrient into the water rather than taking them out. Nutrient levels are too high.
pH stays stable, EC levels stay stable = Equilibrium. Plants are taking equal parts nutrients and water. Maximum growth is occurring.”
https://hydroponics.com/question/my-ph-keeps-fluctuating-whats-going-on/

2 Likes

I have Floora Bloom and Liquid Bloom both GH products.

@Bogleg
Are those spreadsheet numbers in grams per gallon…? :thinking:
:v::sunglasses:

Yes - that’s correct.

1 Like

Grown PK a few times outdoor and she loves to feed, more so than others imho but you’re in hydro so i might as well be speaking Sputnik lol good luck man

1 Like

@PurpNGold74 remember the count the star/bud sites?

I guess popcorn will get you high too!! :joy::sunglasses:

5 Likes

@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Grandaddy013
@peachfuzz @Covertgrower @BigDaddyCain
@ItsPat @Bogleg @repins12 @Reitus

Well, the leaves on Purple Kush may have, and still look like sh**, but the buds are trying their hardest to look like, uhh… buds… :yum:
I would have never thought it the way this plant started out.

Both plants have suffered the lack of trimming.
I’m gonna have to do something about that. I can’t reach to the back of the screen. Next grow I’m gonna try to keep it a little smaller, maybe a 28”x 28” for each plant instead of 28” x 40”. I mean really, who has arms that long…:joy:

Purple Haze seem to be loving whatever I feed her.
6 weeks from flipping light tomorrow.

8-27

8 Likes

Lookin good…
:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire:

Your lookin at 1 to 1.5 lbs or more …
Let them grow…
I’m gonna go out and take pics of 4 girls that I threw in about a week ago…
Need to test ph and stuff anyway…
Might shove in 2 more plants…
I’ll see what the table looks like first…
:+1::thinking::wink:

1 Like

I’m gonna hold you to that… haha! I wish!
I’m really hoping for about a 1lb.
PH doesn’t have big buds but they’re small good size buds. Hoping to harvest PH around the end of September. PK maybe the second week in October.
I’m starting to think Purple Kush is gonna surprise me. She has been such a runt from the start.
Thanks @peachfuzz.!
:+1:t2::sunglasses:

2 Likes

They will only get bigger over time…
Keep plants healthy and don’t worry about flushing…
Just keep ppm’s and ph in check …
People tend to over feed…
Not necessary…
They need minimal amounts of nutrients …
Basic life elements…
Like us…
What would happen if alls you did was eat pizza and chocolate all day… ?
Dead before you know it…
Balanced nutrients is key…
Ph , is basically availability…
What are you going to allow them to eat and at what levels… ?

5 Likes

This is what I’m questioning myself because I’ve heard in hydro they don’t need as much to eat. I guess this grow is proof maybe.

The past two weeks they’ve been getting about 400-500 ppm’s.
I’ve wondered if I bump it up to around 700 how they’d react?

3 Likes

Nice work!

2 Likes

Thanks db. :+1:t2: This will be last time I run two extremely dif. plants in one system. I think I’ll do better sticking to at least two plants that are similar. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

It seems like we learn this lesson and then forget it again after awhile. Heh.

4 Likes

Haha!! That some funny stuff right there. And man don’t we just! :crazy_face:

1 Like

haha, im growing only 1 strain in my tent now but im about to learn this lesson next grow xD

@Myfriendis410 @dbrn32 @Grandaddy013
@peachfuzz @Covertgrower @BigDaddyCain
@ItsPat @Bogleg @repins12

So, I’m 42 days into flower with purple haze which needs some trimming in a bad kinda way.
How much will I hurt to trim small stuff right now.
Might I add, a lot of small stuff.

3 Likes

Pictures?
If the leaves are damaged, not much point for them to stay. They’re not working anyways.

2 Likes