Dwc, issue, needing help

Hey,

Just transfered my seedling to 5 gal dwc bucket, it’s been in there for 1 week now, transfered from soil, and I’m noticing the bottom of leaves turning yellow and curling up, and the leaves are really droopy if that makes sense, I’ll post pics Bellow, but here some info

Seeds where given to me not sure on the name but I know there photo period, indicas
5gal dwc
Nute line is advanced nutrients 3 part base with rhino skin silica, terpinator, floralicious plus, foxfarm root drench beneficial micros and super thrive, now this is just what I had left laying around and figured I would experiment with it.
PPm started at 315, and raised to 375, over the week,
Temp, 67
PH has stayed pretty consistent at 6.0
Dechlorinated tap water with a ppm of 100.
I’m using marshydro plurple lights

I think that covers it, if I missed anything let me know and here are the pics below, I might have jumped the gun and it’s still acclimating to the water, I see roots coming out the bottom into the water now where it wasnt at the begging,

2 Likes

Plant is damping off. Your rez level needs to be 1 1/2 to 2" below net pot. Air stone should look like a rolling boil and the TDS of your solution should be around 300 to 400 ppm at that size.

1 Like

Make sure the water level is 2inch below the net pot for plant to get proper oxygen.
Also make sure air pump and air stone make a nice rolling of bubbles on the surface.

If water level is to high plant will drown.

Do you top water at all ? If so stop that can also drown it. As long as water splashes to net pot and there is a root there is no need to top water.

Hey,

Yeah I actually got the water touching the bottom of the basket, I’ll dump some out now, and I’m using a dual air pump Biggest “whisper” pump from Walmart till my new 1 comes in the mail, I’m using dual 3 inch airstones, but awesome info, thanks guys for the help, I knew something wasn’t right.

I don’t remebe where I saw it but I swore the water was supposed to touch the basket and when roots hit water then drop it down, ohh well anyways thanks guys!!!

1 Like

Hey,

Does the 300 to 400ppm need to be in top of my tap water at 100ppm for a total of 400 to 500 or combined to make 300 to 400

Good question; you have to add in to the total. So yeah; you’ll shoot for that mark in total. You will gradually work up to around 700 ppm for veg.

1 Like

All above have got your six. Air gap under net pot, first thing to check with droopy leaves :v: