DWC Iced Grapefruit - Treez

Thanks @FloridaSon I appreciate the interest!

I’m thinking about putting her into flower in a couple days once she perks up from the LST. I took 4 clones today as well, so they’re getting ready now.

Afghani Gold is loving her new home in the DWC bucket, and my first ever ILGM strain, White Widow, is ready to get transplanted into her own DWC bucket.

Everything is moving so smoothly it’s awesome! Although I’d like to have clones ready to plant outside next week, but I’ll have to wait for them to root!

ILGM WW

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

If you’re not planning on a screen that sounds like a good plan…

I actually debated it. Scrogging this Iced Grapefruit. It’s almost like she’s asking me to do it too, the way she’s grown and how easily she bent when giving LST. I would have to throw her into the flower tent, use the LEDs and put the SCROG on, fill the net, then flip the timer to 12/12

:v:️:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Sounds like it would be a seller! You may want to keep it hush hush in case you could patent it. I’d hate to see someone steal a great idea out from under you.

1 Like

Lol so true, I edited my post just in case! Thanks for that @FloridaSon

:v:️:evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

1 Like

Update with Pictures

So tonight after work when I got home I went into the tent to check out my plants and I was pleasantly surprised when I saw that my Iced Grapefruit had already perked up and was starting to grow towards to light already.

Here’s pictures of what I saw. Only a 12 hour difference from earlier today when I did the original LST and Super Cropping!

Then, I decided it was the best time to do ever more LST and Super Cropping. So here are some pictures of AFTER even more bending and squeezing. I’ll take more pictures tomorrow when I wake up and we can see if she’s perked up again or not. I bet she will be! Hydro baby!

10 Likes

Update with Pictures

Here are the updated pictures for today like I promised. As I had thought she has rebounded extremely quickly from the LST and Super Cropping. All the bud sites are perked up and facing the light again.

11 Likes

Looks really nice. That plant will lend itself to SCROG well. Should give you a great yield ! Gonna follow this to see where these plants go. Looks promising !

2 Likes

Bend it like Beckham!

3 Likes

Today is officially One Month of being in her DWC home! She is absolutely thrilled about it and wanted to show off, so here’s an updated picture of her today in the tent with my Afghani Gold and my ILGM WW.

pH is at 5.9-6.0 and water temp is at 68F

10 Likes

Update with Pictures

7 Likes

Chugging right along! Looking great, Brother!

2 Likes

Update with Pictures

Today I decided that I would put her into flower. She looks great and should double in size now that she’s in flower. I will do a full water change tonight for her transition week.

In the flower tent I have 2 300w MarsHydro LEDs (130 actual watts each), and a T5 HO fixture with 54w tubes, 3500K for supplemental lighting. The LEDs are hanging horizontally from the top, like normal, but I have the T5 set up so it’s shining vertically onto the plant.

7 Likes

really nice looking plant dude, well done :slight_smile: how old is she in the last picture? looks like a bushy beast!

2 Likes

@McLovin777 she went into the DWC bucket on March 8th.

Germed beginning of February.

She has been topped and LST’ed to make her short and bushy, I only have 7’ ceilings minus the light fixture size and bucket length.

2 Likes

So she’s around 10 weeks old? Sounds about right, some people say their plant is 5 weeks old and it’s the same size, which I always really struggle to believe lol

I never lie lol, I don’t see the purpose of that, but I do agree with you on the fact that many will say things like “4 weeks old!” But the plant is really much older!

2 Likes

Update with pictures

Yesterday I did a water change for my girl.She’s looking amazing and her roots have exploded since the last water change. I also did some light lollipopping, by cutting away any small growth that was taking energy from areas that receive more light. I took a couple clones but trashed the rest. I recently placed a rooted clone of the Iced Grapefruit into her own DWC, so I have the mother in flower now and the clone in veg. Iced Grapefruit still going for me!

I went to the National Cannabis Festival this weekend in Washington DC, and while I was there I got a ton of freebies and giveaways from the vendors there. I got some free HydroGuard, earth worm casting, sea bird guano, great white rooting powder, and from Cyco nutrients I got a big bottle of RyzoFuel, which I thought was awesome and I added it to my nutrient feeding chart.

PPM is a little high at 1400 and pH was at 5.9 when I put her into the veg tent. I’ll check the pH today and almost guarantee that I’ll have to lower it because it usually rises after a couple hours of a fresh water change.

10 Likes

Man she’s really filling out huh
Looking great as always trees

1 Like

This is Yolanda (Clone A) from the Iced Grapefruit. She’s rooted and has been in the DWC since 4/21, so she’s been in her own bucket now for 5 days and has already perked right up. She’s loving her new home!

These pictures are from 4/21 when I transplanted her.

The last picture is of all the girls in the veg tent. The furthest to the left is Yolanda in her new home. The furthest to the top of the picture is the Afghani Gold. And the furthest to the bottom is the ILGM White Widow.

These pictures below are all from earlier tonight, and you can see that in 5 days she has definitely perked right up!

The last picture is the same layout of plants. Furthest to the left is Yolanda (Clone A), furthest to the top is Afghani Gold, and the furthest to the bottom is my ILGM White Widow.

5 Likes