Dwc h202 question

Just using it as a water source. Ive done it before in the past and had excellent results from it. Id even use it mixing teas. Its good stuff as long as you dont over do it.

1 Like

That is awesome :sunglasses:

Um, why do you want to drop hydroguard and add H2O2?

I have real good luck with Agsil 16H, Jack’s, MKP & Hydroguard. Cheap enough for a medium size DWC system, for sure.

2 Likes

@Jungle because the h2o2 does the exact same thing hydrogaurd does and is practically free. Just have to remember to add h2o2 to each top off.

2 Likes

I went straight to botanicare and they shipped me a quart 2 weeks ago. After your tip on southern ag…botanicare is now out of luck as far as I’m concerned. Thanks for the tip. I hate spending money on something when something else works just as good…but cheaper.

2 Likes

I used just about the exact same stuff in that order for many grows, all but the Floralicious.
I’ve slowly dropped things and i have not seen any difference in my grows at all. My pocket has seem a difference in money though :grin: and things are so easy now…

I no longer use silica blast, kool-bloom, or hydrogaurd.

Infact, for many grows now i use only GH trio or maxi series with h202 and calmag only if plants become deficient which isnt othen where GH has plenty of calcium and magnesium in it.

Follow along with my correct grow and see what I grow with just these…

That invention is open to all who want to follow along and see what comes from simplicity without and add ons.

1 Like

Yes most do, very few of us run “sterile” systems.
Things like hydrogaurd are microbes.
One either chooses h2o2 or microbes.
Microbes in hydroponics (most always) are used to keep things clean and moving andcto discourage unhealthy microbial life to grow. Since most hydroponics systems are salt based nutrients, there is no benefits from microbes that are used in soil, these types break down organic matter and turn it into salts so the plant can use them.
Is hydroponics, its already salt so literally no use…

H202 does a great job of not letting any microbial life to live in a hydroponic solution as well as some other things like help oxygenate the solution.

At a molecule level H2o2 is (h2o/water) with an extra oxygen molecule very loosely atached makeing it h2= 2 hydrogen molecules and o2= 2 oxygen molecules.
When h2o2 breaks down, it releases the extra oxygen molecule and leaves behind h2o, thus adding 1 pure oxygen molecule andxa tiny bit of pure water to the nutrient solution…

2 Likes

Hydrogaurd is microbes but they are not used in hydroponics for the reasons microbes are used in soil.
You do need hydrogaurd or some other brand of “root inoculant” or h2o2. Basically something to stop algae or slime from growing in you res or lines. Both work great its just h2o2 is way cheaper…

Blockquote

2 Likes

I use autopots and run H202. The H2O2 that is used in horticulture is usually a 29% solution. It is important to use a solution close to 29% and to dose it at 2.5 ml per gallon. H2O2 not only kills bacteria, but it also oxygenates the water. The H2O2 I am using is for a pool or hot tub. Remember to wear gloves.

3 Likes

Glad I could help, works great in my aeroponic res :love_you_gesture:

2 Likes

Those are bacillus(spelling?) based right? Bacteria, I think florakleen is similar. Can be used for flushing and cleaning lines.

2 Likes

Hydrogaurd is yeah, i still have some from before i learned about h2o2.
But yeah if that’s what’s in florakleen, i couldn’t imagine useing hydrogaurd as a flush where its expensive…
But goes to show how companies take advantage of the everyday persons lack of “formal” education for lack of better words :confused:
Bottle up the same stuff and call it by a fancy name and make you think you need it when its in the other product you bought from them already :sweat_smile:

I tried the h2o2 last summer thinking wth, if it dosen’t work I’ll go back to the hydrogaurd.
It worked so well I started dropping other stuff :sweat_smile:
Silica blast I stopped useing and I only use calmag when needed and that’s not often.
I couldn’t stop thinking about "what else have I been waisting money on🤔.

My last 8-10 plants ( I grow perpetual, always a few at different stages at any given time) I’ve only used General Hydroponics Maxi-gro for veg and maxi-bloom for flower with h2o2 just to keep things clean and moving…

Heres some grew with just GH maxi series and h2o2. 2 autos in flower, Alien moonrocks in far left, Bruce Banner on right, and a Gorilla Girl photo front and center…

2 Likes

Thank you for taking the time for the response. I have limited knowledge with hydro set ups. I run coco and jacks on high frequency fertigation. Cool to learn about the other side, and how people go about their practices. I use florakleen between cycles to help break down build up in res. But honestly I haven’t seen it do anything. Lol.

2 Likes

I take my lines and res to the tub every few weeks or so. I use proxide in a spray bottle and spray it trough the lines to break stuff up if need, and then just run really hot water through them. I wipe and rinse out my reservoirs basically the same way.

Idk what the florakleen cost but if thats all ya use it for, I’d say you could probably do without it.

2 Likes

I pretty much have stopped using it. I’ve gone through almost 2 gallons of 35% H2O2 in the time it’s taken me to get through half the gallon of FK over the last couple years. Lol. Was really disappointed in it. Had high hopes but is what it is… I purged myself of about 30 different products earlier this year… now I’m down to jacks a and b. Microbes, mycos, molasses, acids, n the rest of the basics.

1 Like

I linked current grow in a comment above if ya want follow along and see how it goes with just a single powder nutrient from start to finish.
I haven’t logged a grow since I been growing this way but it’s worked so well I felt compelled to show how simple and easy it can be and still grow lots of good smoke… it’s just getting started so not alot to really see atm but check it out if ya want.

3 Likes

So I just got my 3% h202 food grade. My 5 gallon dwc bucket isint ready to be changed or topped off. Can I go ahead and add h202 to it or should I wait till bucket change?

2 Likes

I don’t think it would be much different.
I read about h2o2 breaking down faster with the more contact with organic matter so if res is still full of hydrogaurd, may not really benefit much as i would imagine it would kinda cancel each other out…
But im not a scientist so im not sure, i cant see it hurting the plant though :man_shrugging:

3 Likes

@1HappyPappy tag me in your grow log. I plan on doing similar with side by side comparisons.

Yeah it will absolutely kill all the microbes good and bad. If you use h2o2 you cannot use microbes. You can switch back and forth seemlessly if you wanted too but why. Unless you wanted to go sterile up until final flower and microbe it up to try and pack some terps on.