DWC Grow Room Environment

got my humidity monitor today. grow room is 86 degrees, 16 inch oscillating fan, humidity 52%, water temp 80 degrees in 5 gal bubble buckets. already am over-oxygenating water to combat O2 levels. Plants in week 3 of flower and am wanting to add a humidity machine. (Not sure how the scales of justice will tip on this one). If I increase the humidity at this point, will I add mold to my list of screw-ups or is correcting the humidity worth the risk. I know all my numbers are screwy, but that is what I have to work with.

humidity down to 46 now . Should I add humidity?

Ganga grows best at humidity between 40 - 60% RH

@Paranorman my leaves are dry as heck. ppm 800. Too much fan? they are drinking water, ph and ppm stable.

I think filling out a support ticket would be very helpful and then maybe we could identify some issues you may be having? (They’re located on the main page)

I found this link to one in another thread

Here ya go buddy fill this out.
COPY/PASTE: This “Support Ticket” into your forum post.
Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so = NA

Strain; Type, Bag seed, or NA

Soil in pots, Hydroponic, or Coco?

System type?

PH of runoff or solution in reservoir?

What is strength of nutrient mix? EC, or TDS

Indoor or Outdoor

Light system, size?

Temps; Day, Night

Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

Co2; Yes, No

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but short, to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

@bryan ,don’t aim the fan directly at the plants but make the air move around them . next find a cheap small A/C unit if you can .If not then get a supply of botannicare Hydro guard .this info iam gonna give you will help some in that high water temp . add hydrogaurd to the nute solution for one week then change solution and repeat for one more week , then dump .then using house hold peroxide at a rate of 1 1/2 tsp per gallon and No Hydroguard use for the next week . drain replace with regular solution and hydro guard for the 2 h2o changes ,then dump replace with peroxide solution for the next week … 2 weeks of regular . then 1week of peroxide .Keep repeating this . one More thought …insulate the buckets with silver backed bubble wrap and use a water chiller found on Amazon .com . to get those temps down . with basic care and lower temps in the buckets you can achieve root masses like this.

Hammer ,

5 Likes

Holy root mass?!?!?! @Hammer that thing is like a sledgehammer!!! Lol

Yeah, I have definitely been aiming the oscillating fan directly at the plants, and from a very close distance cuz grow room area is small. I thought the too dry fan leaves were just from low humidity and high temps, but it appears obvious I have been doing it to myself with the fan. Already using sterile res with H2O2 after I lost my root mass to root rot very early on in this journey. It does appear to be working for me. Will add “Fan too close” to my learning curve. As usual, a big thanks to all of ya for taking the time and effort to help me.

That’s a big bowl of spaghetti you got there Hammer, pretty intense…!

I try to keep a clip-fan blowing between the light and the tops of the plants

Need Sauce ,LOL.
Hammer .

2 Likes

finally saved enough for a small window AC unit. Here is my question… I assume the air temps and dwc water temps will be similar once I cool the room. My whole grow so far has been with water 78-80 degrees and room temp up to 90 daily. Currently I was thinking about setting the AC at 70-72. I am currently running a 1000W el cheapo and a MarsHydro600. I have 1 more of each to add if I get temps ok. Room is only 5’X8’X8’. Will this be able to do the job of keeping water and room temps tolerable?

1 Like

@Hammer. Whatcha think?

Yes a small window ac will work well for this ,no problem.

Hammer.

You are going to love that. I currently use a portable AC but I used to have window unit which may require a dehumidifier purchase down the road. Well worth the investment too. If you want those tight buds; and can keep the RH a solid steady 40 % during flower, you will succeed. Happy growing :slight_smile:

1 Like