DWC feeding chart detailed

Hey, that’s the same system I got.
But next time I’ll be making my own system or spending the big bucks for a current culture system.
If you do get that system, upgrade the air pump as it’s not enough GPH for 6 sites, I spent about $80 for a 1300 GPH air pump and it is MUCH better.
Other than that, I’ve been happy with the system.
I did get another water pump also to COMPLETELY drain out the water in the system during water changed as the way that one is set up it will leave about an inch of water in the system and stop pumping out water.

1 Like

Hey is this per gallon or per 5 gallon bucket?

Hey man I’m doing my first dwc grow in a 5 gallon bucket using 3 gallons of water. Going off what you said, should I multiply your number by 3?

It depends on how old your plants are…
What was recorded above kinda makes it complicated…
I can repost if you would like…
It might make it easier to understand… :+1::wink:
:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Siksr i have that system yes does leave bout inch in bottom i use wet dry shop vac to get it out.

Hi peach fuzz I was wondering if you could spare some time to help me ? I am doing my best to grow using DWC and I am just lost, I truly don’t know what is right from wrong and you seem to be so knowledgeable, I really enjoy growing and I want to be good at it so badly, but I often am left with my head skinny thinking I’m I doing the right thing based on researched. Thank you for your time

3 Likes

Sure , what’s the info you are looking for…?
Will try to point you in the right direction…
@Smiles961
:v: :sunglasses:

2 Likes

@peachfuzz
I’m getting an undercurrent rdwc going… It’s my first… 3 5 gal buckets with a 20 gal tote res… Looking at the iceprobe for a chiller to keep it cool… What medium would you suggest if not rockwool? And I’ve grown in coco and use GH trio but that’s easy math for a gallon lol… Is there a simple 2part nutrient you recommend? I’m growing autos btw…

1 Like

Look into Jack’s nutrients…
I keep hearing good things about those nutrients…
Easy to use and cheap to buy…

2 Likes

Totally found a bunch off stuff on that right after I asked that question lol… I have another if you don’t mind? I’m about to complete a 3 bucket rdwc… Waiting on my water pump… 3 buckets 20 gal res… I’m going to growing autos… My goal is to try and get a little veg flower cycle going since the light pattern doesn’t matter… My idea is to use 6in rockwool top fed for veg and then jam them into the rdwc for flowering… Will that work… Of course there’s a lot of other variables but can this idea work effectively and cheaply?

1 Like

@peachfuzz

1 Like

Yes , you just have to make sure that once the plant is established , you will need to let the rockwhool dry out so that you don’t get trunk rot or damping off…
So basically you will need to surround the rockwhool and a bottom layer of hydrotone , clay balls and only allow the roots to be in the water…
Hopefully that makes sense…
For some reason I can’t post pics here anymore, not sure why…

1 Like

Thank you for your input sir… So the deal with that would be some precise water levels upon transport?

1 Like

@peachfuzz is the man has you covered but may I add. After into flower I simply pulled the Rockwool cube and shreds out of the hydroton. Boom roots in hydroton and no shock to my autos. :grin::v:

1 Like

@neofirebird can you explain a little more? What im doing is starting in a 1.5in rockwool… When they get big enough Ill transplant into a 6in rockwoool… Im hoping that should be enough until week 5-6… Then im going to transplant into the rdwc… Im doing this for 2 reasons… #1 I have a bunch of regular auto seeds and i dont know which will be male or female and and i dont want to waste a bunch of time and space and nutes in the rdwc for it to turn out to be a male… By the time they are in the 6in cube I should be able to tell the sex… #2 Wont have a nute/plant stage conflict… Keep the nutes on flower and just put the females in there when its time… I have a bunch of GH trio nutes I have to use up… Probably will switch to Jacks or Canna Foop when thats done… Simple math on those lol…

2 Likes

@peachfuzz @neofirebird
another question if you will… Is it better to have my waterpump inline or submerged?

2 Likes

Why not grow them in 1.5” rock wool?
You can put that in a 3” net pot, place a neoprene collar around it and watch her grow.
More water in you tote or bucket with a 3” net pot vs. 6”. :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

There may be different opinions about that. I have mine in-line and seem to work fine.
I’ve also known some to submerge and they work. Just gonna have to figure out what’s best for you. Good luck! :+1:t2::v::sunglasses:

2 Likes

Okay so never transplant Autos - repeat don’t do it. They have a set life cycle and any deviation to growth that can slow them down - well you can’t get that time back. Not to sound harsh… you said you have a bunch of regular auto seeds - they’ll all be female. All Autos are feminized (unless I’m mistaken here). You’re other question I don’t do RDWC - only single buckets, no water pump just air compressor. But I believe submerged is the way to go. Let’s tag a few folks to chime in. @peachfuzz @Hellraiser @Myfriendis410 @MattyBear

3 Likes

I will defer to the hydro growers on this one… someone should be by shorty :call_me_hand:t3:

2 Likes