DWC feeding chart detailed

Hi, I am just about to start the a new batch of seeds. My question is, is there a specific feeding chart from start to end? I will be using rockwool as main medium, dwc, 18 liter bucket and most importantly General Hydroponics 2 stage (micro, grow, bloom). One other thing I will be using RO water which is currently at 50ppm, should I add calmag to every water change, or the gh has all the calcium and magnesium the plants need?

Thanks

1 Like

You will need to add cal-mag as well… I would also suggest a silicate to add as well …
You said rockwhool is your medium …
Is this a flood and drain or a dwc or rdwc…?
Rockwhool isn’t the best for dwc or rdwc…
More info needed…
And yes there is a chart that can help you determine when to feed and how much based on age of plant… need more info…?
:v::sunglasses:

4 Likes

Yes I would need more info as you did not answer anything xD recirculating dw.

I want an actual one not the one on there site as it is way too strong for seedlings

I run rdwc systems and I dont go by any chart…
I go by the age of the plant and what stage of growth I’m in…
You should look into hydrguard and orca… they will help tremendously…
I need more info on your end to be able to give best advice… maybe even a couple of pics of your system and set up…
Using rockwhool is going to be a lil bitt of a pain do to overwatering and damping off issues…
Need to know more about what your doing…
I dont use any media… I just run a neoprene holder and a empty pot for support and water and nutrients… nothing else… :grin:

6 Likes

I use a simple formula…
2 mill bloom , 4 mill micro , 6 mill grow… in veg

Transition , I use 4 mill bloom , 4 mill grow. 4 mill micro…

Mid flower to late flower … 6 mill bloom , 4mill micro , 2 mill grow…

Always add 3 mill call-mag until 5 weeks till estimated finish…if using ro water with a ppm of less then 25 ppm…

Always 2 mill hydrogard and orca … up till 4 weeks of finish…

Depending on silica supplement you use , 1 to 2 mill until 6 weeks from finish…

Diamond nectar… 2 mill until 4 weeks till finish…

All measurements are to 1 gallon of good ph water of 5.5 and no more then 25 ppm to start with… :grin:

Change at least every 14 days depending on size of system… (ie) how much water it holds…

5 gallon buckets… Need to change out every 7 days with new…

15 Likes

Haha talk about answers. I feel educated and i dont even use rdwc :joy::joy:

5 Likes

I should also add … that I use crystal burst and snow storm ultra … mid to late flower… crystal burst as soon as you see flowers and one more time 2 weeks later…
Snow storm ultra till 1 week till harvest…
On a 14 day schedule…
2 mill to a gallon for each with everything else mentioned above… :wink:

Sounds complicated , but it isn’t… :grin:

6 Likes

I’m laughing my a$$ off as I read this… so simple… ya … I… know…
It really is tho… :wink:

5 Likes

You make me want to build a bucket :smile:
Great info @peachfuzz

1 Like

http://www.nutecalc.com/

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from [DWC feeding chart detailed]

I saw your feeding schedule for DWC in this post,

I was wondering if you could help me with the following:

What brand or company do you use for your Bloom, Grow and Micro.I am about to try my hand at indoor DWC since I’m in a medical state and you seem to know what you’re talking about I already located the following supplements and plan to only do 4 plants each in their own 5 gallon bucket. I like that I can control each plant if one gets sick or needs extra care and it won’t affect others.

Hydroguard, Orca, Humboldt Crystal Burst & Snow Storm Ultra, Diamond Nectar, (is the diamond nectar the silica supplement or do I still need an additional silica supplement?)

What else would you add to that list of supplements?

This feeding schedule is we are past the cloning and baby stage roots have taken in a cube and been put into a 5 gal bucket with hydroton clay pebbles.

Veg Week 1 - 2mil bloom, 4 mil micro, 6mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca -veg
Veg Week 2 - 2mil bloom, 4 mil micro, 6mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca -veg
Veg Week 3 - 2mil bloom, 4 mil micro, 6mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca -veg
Veg Week 4 - 2mil bloom, 4 mil micro, 6mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca -veg
Bloom Week 5 - 4mil bloom, 4mil micro, 4mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Diamond Nectar
Bloom Week 6 - 4mil bloom, 4mil micro, 4mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Diamond Nectar, 2mil Crystal Burst(or week one of bloom depending on when flowers start)
Bloom Week 7- 4mil bloom, 4mil micro, 4mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Diamond Nectar
Bloom Week 8 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Diamond Nectar, 2mil CrystalBurst, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 9 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 3mil CALiMAGic, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 10 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 2mil hydroguard, 2mil Orca, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 11 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 12 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 13 - 6mil bloom, 4mil micro, 2mil grow, 2mil Snow Storm Ultra
Bloom Week 14 - Water Only 25ppm

Sorry if i sound like a noob last time I grew I used some seeds from brick weed and did it outdoors almost 20 years ago lol and we just used miracle grow until the last 14 days then just used water but hey the buds weren’t bad that we did back then.

3 Likes

From what you posted…
That’s my recipe…
I use the general hydroponics nutrients… in vegg…
And Humboldts additives in flower… :+1::wink::grin:
Welcome to ilgm…
Hopefully I and the rest of us can get you on the right path…
You said single buckets in dwc…
Just know that this will be a little bit of a challenge…
Keeping temps in check…
Adding water and nutrients…
Testing water and nutrients and ppm…
Controlling water temps and nutrients and ppm’s…
Look into rdwc with a control reservoir… :+1::wink:
Sorry…
Armor si is for silica…
Diamond nectar is for humic acids…

3 Likes

And a chiller!

You want a product called Armor Si.

4 Likes

Thank you for the response!

RDWC, I’ll take a look into it. I was planing on mixing the nutrients up once a week in a big 55gal drum and then dumping out the old buckets water to replace with the new. I’m only doing 4-6 plants and keeping 1 mother so 7 total at I’m allowed up to 12

Sure it could be time consuming but for only 4 or 6 plants I can’t see it being more then 1-3 hours of my sunday morning to replace their nutrients.

My plan was I’d have a 5 gal bucket band warmer on each like they use for honey because honey gets damaged if it gets over 100°f so the band heaters only get to the 90’s anyway I could wire up a temp gauge in the bucket to turn the heater on or off based on water temp to keep it in the 70-72 range from what I’ve read

And for the Armor Si, I would add in the schedule I made but cut it out 6 weeks before I harvest

1 Like

I’ll look into a chiller but my house is usually always warm so maybe I’ll need to cool the buckets rather than warm them until the winter months anyway!
Would this image be considered a RDWC ?

2 Likes

I don’t see a return line to the reservoir from the buckets.
I’m not sure if I’d consider it RDWC.

My RDWC has lines to each bucket then at the end is coming down the middle via water pump keeping nutrients mixed with the constant undercurrent

1 Like

Thank you unfortunately my landlord told me I can’t grow for the time being :cry:

Sorry to hear that my friend…
You are a great person and a awesome tenet …
I would never say anything to anyone…
On the flip side as long as your not altering anything in the place that you rent , it’s none of there business…
If I was your landlord , I would be getting an electrical upgrade and asking for a little donation every now and than… :wink::grin::+1:
Yep…
It’s still extremely crazy that some people feel the way that they do for this plant…
Feer…?
Or…
Freedom…?
Why can’t we just provide for our needs… ?

5 Likes

I just never notified my land lord, as it isn’t in the lease that i CAN’T grow and it is legal for me to grow up to 6 plants. If they try to evict me over it, ill will be getting a lawyer and a new place to live :sunglasses:

5 Likes

I would do that normally, but they’ve been really cool since covid started and haven’t charged me rent and still aren’t so I don’t wanna push the envelope with them.

But I found a RDWC kit pictured below, I’m going to read about them more since I can’t actively grow yet :cry: (slowly killing me on the inside) and see what it takes to make my own for less.

And trust me i’m 80% tempted to hit ORDER now on my cart… lol I have everything ready to go from tents to nutrients :smiley:

3 Likes