Dwc and seedling

Hello I’ve always read and been told that water level should be at least 1” below net pot otherwise it will stunt growth.But as a seedling how is it getting fed when the roots will not be touching the nutrients?Am I suppose to top feed?

2 Likes

Yes i top feed until roots hit the nutrients.

2 Likes

Yes top feed but you can also raise the water level for the first week. Then check your roots and see if they are reaching.
I use a root supplement from General Hydroponics called Rapid Start.

1 Like

So once that once main root comes out of the bottom of the net pot that one root will carry nutrients back to the plant until the others get long enough?

2 Likes

Yes, and the bubbling of your air stones splash water up to them as well. The gap between water level and net pots allows air and water to mix.
I also use beneficial nutrients from Botanicare called Hydroguard to protect the roots. I start during germinating and throughout grow.

Thank you!you have been a great hello. I have another question for you.I have a ac infinity 200watt led light and as seedling what height and intensity would you use?my seedling is only 3 days old

Is the the S22 or T22 model?

Actually it’s the s24

1 Like

Ok, here a light map for your fixture.

Samsung LM301B diodes with far red and infrared should penetrate canopy well. I’d have then at 50% at 18” the until they get a full set of five finger leaves.
Looking for a picture of how your doing.