DWC and constant flow hybrid system

I wouldn’t run hydro WITHOUT a rez and chiller. I use 27gal totes for plant container and reservoir.
I change water every 2 weeks.

4 Likes

18 gal totes are to shallow and dont allow much room after net pot is installed. At least in my case they were very bad. Left about 6inch for water. I had 6inch net pots at the time.

If you use 2inch pvc, current culture bulkheads are 10 or 12dollars each and they sell a tiny net that covers the inside to stop debris and roots to a point. I usually remove and clean them once per grow. Also you can use a home sprinkler systems inline filter for the water pump line to keep debris out of water pump.

1 Like

Thanks greatly for the info i’m just about 3 days away for completing

1 Like

I am NoobNE but apparently I am dumb and forgot what email I used. Sorry for the way late update but finally got my Hydrobrain MK1 (my name) is up and running. After having a not being able to plug leaks using 2" pipe I went back to hoses for this trial. I am only able to do between 30-60 GPH due to the smaller pipe. So far this thing is running great on the leak side. I wasn’t paying close attention and not adding nutrients when I should hence the light green.

To give you a rough idea of what I am doing. I am using Goldleafus (new stuff) for nutrients so I have a fairly simple control unit. The tent is a 4x4 with MarsHydro TSL2000 so plenty of light. I am going to cover the buckets with a survival blanket to help with reflection and keeping the buckets cooler. my thinking is DWC has no flow rate so a high amount isn’t needed. The system gets water from a float valve and the Arduino will see when the TDS drops below “X” level and adds more nuts. The plants are White Widow Auto.

2 Likes

Welcome to the community. Plenty of help here if you have any questions.

If you ever need to contact folks for help, you can always use the @ symbol In front of their name like @Maine207 or @Covertgrower @Grandaddy013 @Myfriendis410

These are just some of the great knowledgeable folks that are willing to put forth the time and effort to help resolve problems.

Good luck!
:v::+1:t2::sunglasses:

1 Like