DWC Afghani Gold - Treez

Starting a new journal for my Afghani Gold grow.

The plan here is to grow the same strain, Afghani Gold, both indoor and outdoor.

I just transplanted her from a solo cup into a 5 gallon DWC setup.

My goal is to take clones from the mother plant, and plant some outdoors while I also grow some indoors.

For her first ever feeding I gave her FloraGrow, FloraMicro, FloraBloom, FloraLiciousPlus, FloraBlend, Diamond Nectar, and Cal-Mag (all General Hydroponics products). Along with, HydroGuard, Deep Breathe, and Mammoth P.

PPM was 610, and pH was at 5.8 with a water temp of 67.6F

:v::evergreen_tree::evergreen_tree:

10 Likes

New pH pen came in yesterday. And WOW!

Guys. Throw away those crappy yellow meters. Spend $50 and get a quality meter like I finally did! Calibration was a breeze. It works tremendously well, and it’s waterproof so I can’t drown it like the other meters!

8 Likes

Nice! :clock3:☉:leaves::herb::deciduous_tree:
Time to grow some trees

1 Like

Morning brother can’t wait to see how these grow . Damn glad to see you back doing a journal

2 Likes

Can you ad a link to where you got that meter… thks

:v::sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks @oldstoner and @Nug-bug I appreciate the good vibes!

Here’s the link @peachfuzz

3 Likes

I am into dwc. My systems are all self contained and on wheels so I can move them in doors or out to get the best lighting. I also run indoors all winter. I have an organic solution for the dwc that has no pests. It is used systemic and spray.

I really like dwc. I did not notice much change in growth from in or out doors but I did notice that when in doors I needed to spray my solution more offten to prevent pests. I have a hid high uv light I built that helps in doors a lot.

I am sure I will be told I am wrong but I tried a test with my systems. I never change the water out and only aded water as it needed topped up. I also tried a crazy idea and aterted a second grow in the some old water from the first grow. It worked. No problems,

I am a noob to growing mj so I tend to break the rules because I don’t know the rules.

I am also on Will’s thread on auto flower. Good thread.

I look forward to learning from this thread more about dwc.

Thanks

3 Likes

Hey @realdream if you hit the magnification glass and type in purpose built shed 2017 and donaldj has posted a paper on dwc
Very interesting check it out

1 Like

Thanks

I am now on that thread and I think it will help me improve my grows.

1 Like

6 Days since the transplant

pH is at 5.9 with a water temp of 68F

2 Likes

Update on the tent

I took the Iced Grapefruit out and put her into flower. I also removed the LEDs and just left the 600w MH.

Now it’s just my clones and my two little girls.

ILGM WW is the botton plant. Afghani Gold is the top plant.

3 Likes

Updated pictures

These pictures were from earlier tonight.

3 Likes

Plants look like they took off.

1 Like

I know right! They always do after they get situated in the DWC setup. I love hydro

2 Likes

Oh yea, and I topped her last week too. Possibly FIM’ed actually lol, we’ll see!

1 Like

Update with Pictures

Yesterday I did a water and nutrient change for the Afghani Gold girl. Today after adjusting the pH I took two clones and pictures for you guys to see.

The Afghani Gold is the furthest to the top of the picture.

And here are pictures of me taking clones from her today.

She looks so good and has the biggest, and longest fan leaves I’ve ever seen in a plant! It’s crazy, but I guess that’s just the Afghan in her showing and I love it! Compare to the ILGM WWF growing next to her, you can see the complete differences in growth. Life is amazing, all life!

2 Likes

Big Updates

Ok guys, so I’ve been slacking with the journal, and I really apologize! But today, I have some awesome updates on the Afghani Gold!

Yesterday I did a water change and in the process I decided she was big enough and was ready to go into the flower tent. If I let her veg for longer she was only going to become too big to even fit into the flower tent lol. This strain has grown so incredibly hardy that it’s amazing to watch. She also has barely any leaves at all, which I’m not used to haha, but I like it a lot! Every leaf is bigger than my hand too.

Also yesterday, I took the rooted clone, named “Goldie”, and planted her OUTSIDE!!! I’m so excited because now I can begin to grow with the other forum members who are growing Afghan! I know from her mother that she’s going to get massive outdoors, like a Christmas tree. I’m hesitant to let her grow freely, because of how big I know she’s going to get. I think I’m going to do an outdoor SCROG on her, but I’m bot 100% sure just yet.

The Afghani Gold is in the front, and in the back right corner is the ILGM WW clone (Yolanda).

2 Likes

that is not a leaf it’s a solar panel!! awesome looking grow @ktreez420! carry on sir!

1 Like

They’re all SO BIG lol! The indica in her is shining! These are the things that I appreciate in life lol, the simple beauty of a plant is so rewarding and satisfying.

1 Like

it really is rewarding and satisfying!!
i enjoy being in my garden! lol