Dutch passion strawberry cough from seed, grow 2 electric bugaloo

The girls are not looking well. VPD is on point now but their condition has deteriorated. I’m guessing it’s either pH( because I’ve been using straight DI water), nutrients which I thought would be unlikely at 2 weeks from sprout or root bound. I’ve placed the worst looking ones in roots organic with larger pots to see if I can get some improvement. I’ll let them dry out as well and probably water on Saturday with pHed tap water.

@Hellraiser any suggestions? I’m really looking forward to this dutch passion strain and hope they make it.

2 Likes

I bet they were ready to be potted up man. You did that and I bet they bounce back. Thats some good soil they are in.

3 Likes

See how they do with the transplant and don’t over water and they’ll perk up soon enough.

4 Likes

at least wait til theyre bigger so you can pick out the best smelling ones, if you do end up picking and choosing

2 Likes

One of them already does smell like strawberries , kind of like a green fresh produce with a hint of strawberry smell. Also they have furry leaves which was kind of wierd. Like little tiny hairs on the underside.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @BigHuff2316 @Axemanjake23 @Arrow

They’re looking much happier, thank you all. Hellraiser I am looking forward to your banana kush grow. Happy belated Thanksgiving everyone.

5 Likes

Got everything settled out and they’re all starting to take off. I’m gonna give the back 2 a few days then top above the 3rd node. Finally gonna get to try mainlining!

4 Likes

I haven’t watered these plants in almost 2 weeks. At this point I’m kinda scared I’m gonna mess em up but they keep growing regardless. I’m hoping to catch the dehydration droop early and get a good feel for how light these pots will be when they’re dry.

2 Likes

Ok this strain must hate water or something. I water them for the first time in almost 2 weeks and the leaves immediately start rusting. I’m sticking to it this time and just waiting for dehydration droop.

1 Like

Man that blows. Have you tried cloth pots? They make a huge difference.

Or I fill a pot up with 100% dry soil and set it next to my tent. When my pots with the plants get close to the same weight I know its time to water. Sorry you are having trouble man.

2 Likes

I did cloth pots my first grow. I think it’s just the strain difference/my impatience. The blueberry kush was really bushy and had strong healthy fan leaves by this point. I think I may have topped a bit early and the root structure/fan leaves may have not been quite up to the task of handling the watering and I’m gonna need to be really careful with the amount of water I give them at least until their much bigger. They are all alive for now with one being a little touch and go. I’m hoping within a week the worst one will show a good amount of growth in the new shoots. With the method I’m following I shouldn’t have to remove such a high percentage of the plant with the 2nd topping.

2 Likes

Well you got a plan. Go with it. Or should I say grow with it. I bet they come around. They love abuse.

2 Likes

Everyone except the runt in the bottom left has had their first topping and are doing well now.
I haven’t watered them in like 9 days lol but they keep growing so I’m not gonna push it. I try to give them a 60% rh environment most of their day light cycles but then it starts to stink a bit so I end up letting it drop back into the 30s. I’m really curious when they’re gonna cry for water… Also debating the feasibility of repotting into 5 gallon cloth pots. If this odd watering cycle is because of the plastic containers I would prefer the 4 day watering cycle.

5 Likes

They have really come along. They look super healthy. Nice job.

2 Likes

Thanks man. Really looking forward to this strain so I hope I can get em all through flower and maybe clone a good one.

1 Like

Looking good…:sunglasses::v:

2 Likes

Am I crazy or did colas grow where the first set of true leaves should have been? You can clearly see where the cotyledons were and above that where the first single point true leaf should be is a stem with a cola???

P.S. I know where the humidity related poop smell is coming from now. I’m fairly sure it’s the roots organics soil.

1 Like

One day I swear I will get 4 plants going of at least somewhat similar sizes going in the same tent… Lol…

3 Likes

haha, i had that issue this time, two were same height, one had 3 vhs tapes under it, the other had 4 vhs tapesz and a book under it

1 Like

Vhs tapes?! Lol, did you just have them around? I feel like they’ve been out of use so long if you still had them around it would be as a collection or something?

1 Like