Durban poison,first time grow

Thanks @FloridaSon we don’t get the boveda packs either

Don’t cut those. That’s the start of the new growth that helps you fill the screen. Unless it’s growth underneath that won’t make it to the screen.

Hmm…I’m going to step back and let the pros guide you. My bad, Mentors…

2 Likes

I don’t have experience with a scrog. I plan on doing one for my next photo grow, but that’s gonna be after this current grow and my next auto grow before I start it.

1 Like

Yeah it’s the lower ones that I don’t think will make it to the scrog @FloridaSon , thanks for chipping in and please continue to do so my friend,what about spraying the tops,random question off topic, it’s 20:15 here in the UK, what time is it there

No leave them alone dont remove them

2 Likes

@FloridaSon I think we mentioned the same exact thing about drying same way for curing to your not stepping on any toes

2 Likes

Here it is brother. I have never used it but cured my AK-47 for over a month in Mason jars. Great Taste and potent high !

1 Like

my first little gold leaf, she’s a little wirey as she came up in the tray with the clones and I imagine she was fighting her way through for the light, I’ve taken her out of the proper gator now but still on the heat mat, any other recommendations? Since I have a low success rate at this stage, they don’t normally get this far @Majiktoker

1 Like

Got a picture because i wouldnt trim anything yet that could be new mains coming up that is what happens when you scrog you have no apex branch so plant kicks into high gear making new bud sites this is what your looking for
Wait until you fill screen then lollipop all fan leaves below scrog net …no light will be getting down there or like i do just let it die off on its own … If you start see little buds below screen that arent on a main colas remove first two weeks of preflower but after that just let grow …
Keep everything under screen for first two weeks after light switch then let her do her thing

1 Like

It’s 15:34 here…

I step back because I was only repeating what I’ve read here. This year will be my first attempt with a screen. I plan on doing a Sour Diesel and maybe a Chocolope.

You’ll get the best help from someone that has successfully done them before. That’s what I want for you, the best advice possible. Our mentors can be trusted with their information because they’ve been there and done that. They don’t get that title just because. :wink:

Sometimes the best way to help someone is to get out of the way and let someone else step in. The problem is recognizing when that is…

2 Likes

I’ve had to try to dive in there with my mobile phone, so forgive the picture quality

2 Likes

Yes that can go in my opinion
Looks like you have a very clean start to your scrog but its kind of like going to the doctor for a surgery get their opinion and then a few more opinions before pulling the trigger

2 Likes

Light source closer to plant would help. Also getting a VERY light breeze near it (just enough to make it look like it is shivering) will help strengthen the stalk. Also silica in the soil will add strength to the stalk and make it stronger now and later. The stalk is very susceptable to damage right now with it stretching so much. Another option is to support it with a small stake and tie it up carefully.

4 Likes

When that happens i mound up soil around stalk and roots grow out from stalk really neat trick lol

1 Like

Thanks @TxGrowman buddy, I’d hate to loose her at this stage, she’s my only gold leaf, I’ve had 2 die on me already ,should I put her in the grow room yet or is she to delicate and thanks @Brian091180 I’ll do that to

1 Like

Grow room is where she belongs but make sure that the stalk is supported or she will bend over and die. Also remember that she is still pretty tender and needs special attention. You do need to have a fan moving air around her in the grow room to keep her strong.

1 Like

okay how about this here she is in the grow room and I thought a picture against the big one was good @Majiktoker @Brian091180 , there is a fan in there but she is hidden behind my big girl, so it’s still enough to make her dance a little bit, she looks so tiny lol

1 Like

Little worried about it still do you have something to support her like chop sticks
Hps will make her stretch even more
Your going to have to her nearer to light
But id get a few 6500k cfl bulbs keep them 2to3 inches away not under hps

3 Likes

Okay @Brian091180 I can see if I can set something else up tomorrow, but it’s the only light, grow room and fan I have and I can’t get her any closer due to the big one taking up the whole room

1 Like

With cfl lights 100 or 150 watt equivalent heat isnt a issue setup her up under two bulbs on a desk out of the way i wouldnt use a fan on her she will fold in half unless supported
Anything you need just ask my friend if i dont know i can @ the big guys …:grinning:

1 Like