Durban poison,first time grow

Don’t you get tired of the same strain? Meaning it loosss its effects?

@darren can’t you remove some top soil and slit the stem lower down?

Just keep doing what you are doing the only reason I don’t recommend watering before lights off is it bumps humidity without lights to help lower it and can promote mildew and other unfriendly things

1 Like

people have grown for years without stem splitting I am pretty sure a grown done without splitting stem at end will be just fine :wink:

1 Like

That could be an idea @Fever , thanks for that, great suggestion

Yessir @fever. Strain lock.
That’s why I’m going with 12 unique strains this season.

ILGM DownEast 12

1 Like

@darren, they can get bigger and yield more it really also depends on space you have available

3 Likes

Thanks @Majiktoker my friend, I will need to get another tent eventually, I’m in the process of sorting out my spare room for them, but that can all wait until after my durban lady finishes, I’m feeling really bad for @Fever as his were further along than mine and he’s having problems with his, @Fever buddy stick with it, try the coco humus and pearlite like I’m using or see if any of the master growers can advise you something better

1 Like

I like to use the tropical aquarium analogy.
So @darren The iridescent shark is a very common example. In a 5 gallon tank it will max out at a couple of inches. In a 10 gallon tank with the same amount of competition for food and feeding, it might double in size or more. Now put those same fish in a 6’ long 150 gallon show tank and the iridescent shark is going to grow to the size of an average adult human’s forearm.

Same for outdoors.
Roots:
The roots are going to grow in search of hydration in any size hole. BUT if you make the hole bigger and the soil soft and porous, less of the plant’s energy is required to grow roots so more vegetation occurs.
Leaves:
Leaves are going to convert the sunlight falling on them into sugars. BUT a plant that receives full sun is going to have more energy to convert into growth than one in partial shade.

2 Likes

Oh yeah I get what you’re saying @Willd and @Majiktoker , it’s all about the root system, the bigger environment I can give her the bigger she can get ,and then the bigger the yield, crystal clear now, thanks got it now

Enough fertile space for the roots, enough light and enough water is kind of the “Holy Trinity” of all plant life
(edited dirt to “fertile space” edited sun to “light” for the members growing indoors in alternative mediums) As far as I know there’s still no substitute for water. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Yeah of course Mr @Willd thanks, I appreciate everyone’s kind help and advice as to why an outside grow produces more, thanks again @Willd and @Majiktoker , I’m looking forward to trying the different strains that I have next, I think my first girl is doing well and I hope my gold leaf does as well, do you think I should just do her in a really big pot or scrog her to

Lady is looking great your doing a great job keep it up

Do you have to chose between one or the other? Put her in a bigger pot and SROG that thang!

The post above mine here is from @Brian091180 who has shown us recently that indoor yields can be hefty too! And beautiful. I wish this site had smell-o-vision! And yeah WOW you @darren are going a great job. I’m so impressed with how lovely yours are progressing too.

1 Like

Very true @Willd you are quite right I should do both, thanks my friend and thanks @Brian091180

2 Likes

Your questions make me think more about what I’m doing too. I now take a moment to pause and reflect when reading about others experiences and before providing insight to others from my own experiences. That is something I would never have been encouraged or thought to do on my own before joining this community.
Thanks @darren

3 Likes

It’s one of the great things here. I’m not going to bash you if you grow differently than I do. Or if you decide to not take my advice or suggestion.

We all want to know the basics and then venture out from there. The different styles and methods spur creative thinking. That’s how the next good idea comes to be.

Never be satisfied with what you already know…

2 Likes

Thanks @FloridaSon,I appreciate any help I can get through out my grow as I’m a total newbie, I have never grown anything before ,so @Willd @Majiktoker @Brian091180 and any other members I’ve missed, I send many thanks to you

2 Likes

Anytime my friend
Here to help

1 Like