Duhhhh, new to all of this

That’s awesome! Yeah my pups are on average 70lbs, cockapoo is about 35-40lbs. Yeah I lift them all, Ben the one that’s sitting proper is the same exact age as my daughter 8years old they were born about 6 days apart he has been her guardian since birth never more than 5 feet away from her. I bought the oster 76 classic clippers with metal heads, only clippers I’ve found over the past 10 years that will cut the doodle hair. 1 round over all 4 of them and they need to be sharpened I have 4 sets of #2 heads lol $200 for the clippers and $50 per set of heads and they cut clean though, I use sheep shears for the first pass then switch to the osters

As for the dry box yeah I have the dehumidifier that will be here tomorrow , thank god I had humidity up to 73% in the tent yesterday it’s known to 47% now, my fingers are sticking to my phone screen as I’m typing this I was just in defoliating the 2 furthest along plants, 1x Hindu Kush auto and 1x candy kush auto

They still have some time to go I’m just trying to get prepared for a staggered harvest, I have a mini dehumidifier just in case it’s needed but I think I’ll be able to stabilize their environment for drying at about 55-58% humidity and 70f but that’s about what I think I’ll be able to achieve so I’ll be happy with it for my first grow

Had to tie up a few of the bigger buds they where really hanging low / sideways started getting me worried about snapping stems lol glad I pulled the apart to do some leaf pulling / tucking , they are kinda packed together so they kinda hood each other up but I’m trying to avoid bud against bud especially with the higher humidity until I get the big dehumidifier running

4 Likes

@Newt i think i read from you that you freeze your trim in case needed for hydration. Then you use it for your edibles. When you take it out of freezer for edibles, do you dry it out before decarb? Or do you just decarb for a longer time? You probably have a fancy machine…but i would be using the oven.

2 Likes

I freeze big trim for rehydration (fan leaves). Regular trim, I freeze and store separately, then after my final trim I dry it and add it to my final trim for use in edibles. And yes I decarb after dried.

3 Likes

Thanks. Thats what i thought

1 Like

Day 7 of hang time. Temp 63, 52% rh, moisture meter 15-18. Nice and slow. Probably 2-3 more days then sweat and into grove bags. This box idea from @beardless is working so well, Im going to leave the plants in tent until the dry box is empty. No rush…only a few amber trichs on buds in tent.

2 Likes

So when do you weigh buds for dry weight tally? When they go in grove bags with tare considered for bag?

2 Likes

That’s when I weigh mine.

2 Likes

clipping buds from stems after sweat, right?

1 Like

Correct.

2 Likes

On day 8 of dry, surprised that moisture meter went from 15-18, to 7-10 in 1 day! Put in sweat bag with hygrometers. After 12 hrs, hygrometers reading 53%, meter reading still 8-10. Going to throw in a few fan leaves and flip sweat bag.

First time and learning. My advice and lesson learned: when your getting close to dry target, check often. Might even go a bit early (12-14) and let sweat finish off the dry ???

3 Likes

Exactly what I do. I start sweating around 12-13.

2 Likes

I put about 6 fans in grocery size bag that’s half full. Started with about 17 oz wet/with stem. Is that enough? Too much?

1 Like

Honestly at 53% it might come up in range on its own. But 6 fans certainly won’t hurt anything.

2 Likes

Thanks. Doing 12 hour checks and flip.

2 Likes

Things are moving in the right direction. 56-57% rh, 9-11 on moisture meter. Maybe spending date night with the First Wives Club doing final trim and filling grove bags.

1 Like

I understand sweating works well and the goal being 62-64%, buds freed from stalks. Then, I am unclear, grove bags for how long or is that the end point? Practicing, currently on trim with plant being next, soon.

1 Like

Well this is my first harvest and I’m not experienced at anything! But grove site said to keep buds on stems for sweating. So i cut branches at length about the width of paper grocery bag -10 " or so. Hung to dry then put in bags to sweat. Been in there about 48 hrs. Tonight i will trim buds from stems and place in grove bags. I read most of this on this website and grove site. @Newt has been a valuable resource for validating the process.

1 Like

3 weeks for cure in grove but most keep them in grove bags as their forever home. The more time they cure the smoother it gets. Put hygromeyer in grove if you feel the need to check the rh from time to time

2 Likes

That is precisely the way you should do it.

2 Likes

Dedicated a GOVEE Temp/RH/Bluetooth. Need cheaper, more.