Dud AutoFlower?

I have an Amnesia Haze Autoflower here that is over 3 months old (on day 86) and still has not flowered. She is huge and tall and has been this way for awhile. She has some tips with white pistils that appears at week 4 or 5 but have not grown or changed color.

Been giving her 3 tsp of Tiger Bloom for the last 6 or so weeks and nothing has helped. She is grown in a 3 gallon smart pot using Fox Farms Oceans Forest Soil (not showing signs of roots coming out of top or bottom so I don’t think she needs repotted) She was on 18/6 light schedule up until 3 weeks ago when I put her on a 12/12 and still nothing.

She must be a dud autoflower I’m guessing. What do you all think?

She looks like she’s on full flower to me.

3 Likes

She’s looked like this for 2 months straight. It’s like she just started to flower and then just stopped and vegged more.

1 Like

They won’t in a cloth pot. Still, that’s a big plant for such a small pot. You must have to water frequently.

The single leaves and drooping top indicate she’s not happy. If you’ve switched to 12/12 there’s not much you can do but wait. I’ve read of people throwing them in the dark for 24 hours, but have never tried it.

2 Likes

Hmmmm I might try letting her sit in the dark for 24 hours. Can’t hurt at this point.

Would it be too risky to try to repot her in a 5 gallon bucket?

1 Like

I can almost guarantee that her roots are well embedded into the fabric of the pot. Trying to pull it off would probably be a disaster. Tbh a 5 gal pot isn’t drastically large enough that it’d be worth it.

I’ve just begun playing with autos, so my list of issue/fixes is minimal
Any tips on getting an auto to flower faster @MrPeat @garrigan62 @MattyBear @Myfriendis410

2 Likes

Looks severally root bound to me. Secondly I would tty to carefully remove the bottom of the pot and transplant.
Then switch back to 18/6. Autos and nutrients don’t always work. :+1:

3 Likes

12/12 and flower nutrients and plenty of watering is what it looks like she needs…
You will have to push her to finish…
Finicky auto flowers… :+1::wink::grin:
With such a small pot as in pics , I would probably try to start bottom watering if possible to allow the plant to take up as much water as possible…
Fine line…
Don’t let them sit in water for more than 20 minutes…
Then drain the tray that they sit in…
:v::sunglasses:

5 Likes

When you say remove the bottom of the pot do you mean cut the bottom off and transplant (with the sides still intact or to remove the entire plant from the smart pot?

1 Like

Yes…just be very careful. Its how I would approach this scenario. Because its root bound. Hell you could try putting big holes in the side and bottom then place it all in a bigger pot. Leave it in the pot. The roots will find the holes or bottom cut off.

I have grown 7 foot beasts in a 5 gallon bucket only filled 1/2 way. So I have delt with root bound before. As I grow super monsters I switched to 15 gallon fabric pots for my indoor tent. No more root bound. :+1:

2 Likes

Okay I think I am going to do this tonight or tomorrow and then water her after the transplant since she should be about due and let you guys know the results in the days to come.

1 Like

Please be careful and gentle. Once she starts taking hold in the new pot, woohoo. :+1:

Will do. I will have a second set of hands to assist so hopefully it goes smoothly.

1 Like

I think I would also cut the sides of the pot but not remove it. Just cut through the fabric trying not to cut into the roots too much that way the roots can find their way out through the sides. Use a utility knife set with just the tip exposed that should be enough to cut through just the fabric without doing too much damage to the roots.

2 Likes

Have you transplanted yet?

Just finished. When I cut the sides of the smart pot there were no signs of roots so I cut down all the way on downs to the base on multiple sides and same thing. Lifted her completely out of the cut out smart pot with no problem at all. Transplanted her into a 5 gallon bucket and filled it with fresh Fox Farms Oceans Forest and am about to water her.

With no visible signs of roots on any sides or bottom… does that mean she isn’t root bound? If so what else would be the issue as to why she wouldn’t have continued to flower when she first started 2 months ago?

1 Like

It’s obviously not root bound that’s giving issues. What was your watering schedule? Thinking maybe too much water causing the roots to be starved for oxygen possibly causing it to stop growing.

1 Like

With this auto flower, I wish I could help. I had one just like this that just succumbed to heat. I couldn’t figure out what could get it producing trichs. Only thing I was about to try was a bloom fertilizer to try to force it to produce

1 Like

Lets talk soil composition. If she wasnt rootbound after 3 months, the soil must was not super root friendly.

What type of medium do u use? Soil brand? Any amendments besides the nutrients u supplemented?

2 Likes

Fox Farms Oceans Forest. I have another of this stain in the same soil and it turned out fine. She didn’t get liquid nutes (Fox Farms Tiger Bloom) until after 6 weeks. I think I might try doing Big Bloom with Tiger Bloom on next watering to see if that makes a difference.

Other than that shes been given CAL-MAG once a few weeks ago. Other than that, that is it.