Drying your bud

Thanks Silva… what’s your methods for washing?

I dunk in the bucket with peroxide water and swish for up to 2 minutes depending on the size of the bud, smaller ones a quick swish for maybe 30-60 seconds. Shake of, dunk in rinse water, then hang, after they are all done I put a box fan on them until they stop dripping, then I start the dry.

And does it cause the bud to lose potency, smell, or taste?

1 Like

No it doesnt

My colas haven’t bene huge so I been using 1 gallon buckets (white trash can 1s). I have 2 set up 1 with peroxide and 1 with warm water. Dunk it a feel times and hang it 2 dry 4 a bit once it’s done dripping it goes in the rack

1 Like

I’ve never even heard of washing bud. So you do this after you chop the plant before you hang it to dry

Correct. There are other methods of washing that require more steps. Hit that search button up top.

@kaptain3d uses 3 buckets in his wash

1 Like

Hopefully @kaptain3d can chime in with some details. Everyone does it a little different :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Does it help the appearance of the bud?

It really don’t do anything but clean your bud

:point_up_2:Which sets you up for a nice dry/cure with less chance of mold.

OK thanks y’all

So ima harvest tomorrow and will try another method of drying since ima have 2 many girls in the rack. After few days in the rack ima do a final manicure and put my bud in brown paper bag. I seen other growers do that method and get a faster drying time since the bag absorb the moisture quicker than the rack.

1 Like

Ayyyeee post your results

I definitely will do sir. I thank God my state don’t give out plastic bags no more so i got plenty brown bags around

I use 3 five gallons buckets.
In the first I put half a cup of lemon juice and half a cup of baking soda. Fill the bucket with lukewarm water.
The other 2 buckets are just clear water for the rinse.
Put a handful of branches to soak for a minute or so in the first bucket… Skim whatever start floating on the surface of the water with a sponge. After the soak, I agitate them slowly from side to side for 30 seconds. I them take them out of the first bucket and let the excess drip back in the bucket.
Repeat the process with the following buckets, one after the other, to rinse the branches properly. After all that hang everything until it stops dripping, and then just dry normally :nerd_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

@arrow has a more detailed process somewhere :thinking:

3 Likes

We will get that answer once vacation over in his end. Thank you 4 the great details on your wash. 1 day I will have enough girls 4 a 5gallon bucket.

4 Likes