Drying with lights on

I’m starting to harvest some of my plants. Problem is I have no where to dry them yet. How bad is it if I have them in the flower tent and there is 12/12 light. I read dark place for drying but want to know consequence of drying it this way for a few of them. Till I make room.

1 Like

@Rev In a lot of places around the world they use the sun light to dry and cure my last grow I had this issue and hung mine for a week with my lights on 12/12 and it had no ill Affect on my potency or anything I like to keep it in the dark when I cure after it’s been dried and jarred up as for drying it you will be perfectly fine

6 Likes

Thank you. This is the end of my first… very long grow. Lol. (Slow start in veg.) It was and still is a blast. I will do many things different next time but cannot believe the luck I have had with this one. This forum and page have been my saving grace even though I have been an extreme minimalist key points were taken to heart. Thank u.

5 Likes

Absolutely any time ! Would love to see some pictures we love talking about it seeing it and smoking it :wink: congratulations @Rev

3 Likes

12 Likes

One thing I won’t do again is have 5 different strains going at once. 12 plants in 2 tents.

5 Likes

It can get demanding with that many and the variety. Looks good though

1 Like

Theyll make you work to reap the rewards. Theyre Beautiful!

2 Likes

Gorgeous plant.

Great work!

1 Like

With that said. Does that mean one “meaning me” could get away with drying in my tent while my other 2 plants are in there? I am trying to figure this out too. It would make things simple for this grow. I am still learning as I go.
@Rev, Sorry, not trying to high jack your thread. I just thought, rather than create a topic like this. I could just get a quick answer as I had the same question.

1 Like

That’s what it means I’ve only done it the one time but I had 0 issues @Not2SureYet

2 Likes

Thanks. I did a search and found a lot of others that have said the same thing. You didn’t have any issues with the fans running in the tent? Thanks for the reply too :grinning:

1 Like

Nope it worked great

1 Like

Had 3 6-in fans a 24” box fan and 3 carbon filters running

1 Like

Thank you. I am debating between this and trying to get my closet next to it set up. If I was able to use the tent. I was thinking of using some black plastic as a separator between the buds and lights. Just to cut the intensity down some. I will have the whole right side of the tent to dry with if I go that way. just got your new post. That is great to hear. I only have 2 fans and a 6" carbon filter. Did this change the color of the buds at all?

I would be afraid you’re not getting enough circulation If you separate your tent

1 Like

Your temps will determine your colors I ran 55 night 65 lights on to get colors

1 Like

Cool, I was worried about to much air circulation. If it worked for you. That is good enough for me. :grin:

Just check them when you water :wink:

1 Like

Thanks. I will change my lights to 12/12 once I start to dry. I have 4 autos in there now. 2 are the once I will be harvesting. Thanks again for the help. I think if it wasn’t for all the help Mattybear gave me. I would not have gotten this far.
And @Rev, Sorry again for cutting in on your thread. It did help me a lot and i am sure it will help others down the raon.

2 Likes