Drying while growing?

So figured I would get an opinion on what to do here, blueberry gusto seeds, one of my plants was growing very slow and started flowering like 2 and a half weeks after the other two. I planned on drying the weed in the tent but now I’m going to have another plant in the tent still growing. Any idea on where I could dry the buds? I hate to put anything outside and risk mold or bugs but I also don’t want to stink up the house

4 Likes

man you are in a pickle for sure…you may want to try the hanging racks

3 Likes

Do you think it will hurt the buds to have light on them while drying? I could hang them up in the tent and keep growing the one?

2 Likes

I have never tried drying with the lights on…maybe time for an experiment???..I know the hanging racks are semi light proof

2 Likes

That’s a good idea, I can probably just get the rack and dry it in the shed because the drying rack would keep the bugs and stuff away

2 Likes

Set up a small tent beside the growing tent connect it with a piece of flex pipe . Open another hole so it can pull fresh intake air through the drying tent and also exhaust out growing tent. An will need to crank up the exhaust fan a little bit to maintain negative pressure in both tents. I do it all the time when I have plants that finish at different times just my thoughts good luck. :+1::v:

5 Likes

Iv’e not tried it yet but a cardboard box perhaps inside the tent?
@kellydans has a great idea if you have the extra tent.

I have the Wedryerxl. Works great. I hang it in the closet. Drys slow and steady with its own fan

2 Likes

Right now I am drying my Skittles in my tent and it seems to be doing good. slowly and I figured the tent is the best place for now. @beachglass @Payton @Retiredoldguy @kellydans

3 Likes

mylar your closet or some other availabe living space, move your light there finish her out while the others are drying. Then while trimmimg 1 plant, cut that girl down and throw her in the tent to dry.

I dry during every grow in the same tent. Just me FWIW

3 Likes

@Payton I dried my first grow in a hanging basket with the lights on 24/7. Nobody has complained regarding taste or potency.

6 Likes

I see strung up 2 wires across inside and across the top to hang my colas from

2 Likes

My WeDryer XL was the best $100 I ever spent, and solved this very issue for me. Even has a build-in carbon filter and fan.

2 Likes

In the tent @Newt ? Now I just saved money to buy microscope and bag of Mykhols root enchacer , now mr.man the pengiun was turned the wrong way. Now I have to save money for the weed dryer for 100 Bob

BTW the tichcombs arebeauitiful some cloudy caps must are clear all look vèry full

Not in the tent. The idea was to keep the tents growing. :wink:

I hang my WeDryer XL from a portable clothes rack like this.

2 Likes

Buy a tent. Buy a humidity sensor. Buy a cool air humidifier… and an exhaust fan.
Hang the plants in there entirety.
60F @ 60%…. And keep it dark.
Only way to go.
7-14 days.
Until you hear the snap.
I also use an air conditioner. You can go higher temp… but like bbq…. Slow and low is the way to go.

I know it’s 1 more investment…. But I never have to worry about what and when is coming out of the veg room or flower room. Some of my ladies take 8 weeks… some sativas take 14 weeks… always have a tent or room that can handle each phase and you’ll be set. Especially if you’re pheno hunting at all… you can’t turn plants over fast enough to crack another seed… it’s addicting.

3 Likes

Don’t dry in the light. THC likes the dark. You’ll kill thc & terpenes.

1 Like

I did a dry above my lights… Situational constraints… It went to 11% on the meter in 4 days, so i jarred. Humidity shot from 60% to 80 the next day… So I pulled it back out and layed on rack… Next day perfect, and locked in for the long cure. Just keep in mind the light will assist the dry on the outside quickly… then the inner moisture will sweat outward when sealed.
I do agree you’ll lose terps, and dankness, but if you’re in a predicament, then its not dooms day. Just sweat them after the crisp appears, then air them once again when flexible… Back and forth till you hit majic

3 Likes