Drying pot plants in Florida

wow i had no idea how many growers there are in my area! Im new to the site, but so far really helpfull. ive only had 1 harvest so far, in which i trimmed them and let them dry in my closet for about a week or so, but my ac is horrible, so it was quite humid. After words i put in mason jars for about a month, but couldnt help myself, so only about a 1\4 of decently dried bud, the rest was consumed early. I have to say tht most of the bud down here hasnt been so great. My stuff was the best ive had here, unless u count the ridiculuse $40 gram i bought. It was shipped from out of state, but it felt like the medical grade i got in AZ. My grow was bag seed, and it turned out much better from the dime sack it came from. I hope a newbie like me can get some expertise from u guys. Right now im growing mango haze, and i started a thread on it too, feel free to stop by anytime :wink:

3 Likes

I live in srq as well and noticed the same when I dried my girl, upside down on the stem. We have a large furry dog so we keep air in house pretty cool. Took two days and buds felt really dry on the outside. I erred on the side of caution and put into jars to prevent over drying. Hope your final result is amazing. :grinning:

N fla here

Uploadingā€¦ Update on curing buds rock hard after using humidity 62% packs in jars chk weight on this

1 Like

I definitely got to give them a try, Iā€™m getting tired of opening and closing jars at all hours, (but I usually have a little sample during the 10 minutes or so theyā€™re open) :slight_smile: Thanks again @iceberg !

1 Like

3 Likes

Instead of putting a fan in there, put a de-humidifier in there on a low setting. Iā€™m in SC so I know exactly what you mean about drying times, but this method works great for me. The buds stay dense and slightly moist, perfect

Northeast Fl here! Hopefully, the bill will pass this Nov. and we can come out of the shadows a little. If you look at my thread which is in Ashleyā€™s thread, I have battled heat, humidity, and bugs in my indoor grow in a outside storage shed. Although I lost about 75% of my buds with bud rot, I dried the branches in my house for ten days and they were ready for the cure. I then followed the curing advice given here and Robertā€™s grow manual. The results were perfect. Light gray ash when burnt, no harshness or burning, just a smooth smoke. I am starting early this year to be done before the heat hit. This year has been the hottest I have seen, and I paid the price! Growing White Widow and Super Skunk; both grew well using Robertā€™s nutrients, and a coco, moss, worm castings, Perlite, Azomite, and other micro-ingredients based soil. Any high humidity, temp, watering, and bug advice is much appreciated. I am glad the SC folks are here too; welcome to Southern Living!
MGGrows.

4 Likes

NE Florida here too! Iā€™m not flowering yet but Iā€™m getting there.

What you guys need is an outside, fully independent tester. Iā€™m in Georgia and would make the sacrifice and endure the hardship of a drive to NE Florida to sample all of your wares.

Yes, Iā€™m that kind of guy. :wink:

6 Likes

Lol Iā€™m from Pa and would make the drive! I actually do yearly anyway :v:

Wouldnā€™t it be great if we somehow had a group ILGM trip to a legal state, maybe for a cannabis cup or something? Iā€™d love to smoke you guys up haha

5 Likes

That would be soooo awesome!!!

1 Like

My room stays about 77 deg and 45 humidity but Iā€™m indoor

Lol Iā€™m in PA alsoā€¦ Itā€™s been hot and humid around me recentlyā€¦ Since Iā€™m in veg Iā€™m only benefitingā€¦ But my buddy just got done growing some kind of cbd strain for his girl and a og kush in Floridaā€¦ Curing them nowā€¦he said it has been a hard time keeping humidity in check

1 Like

What area, if you donā€™t mind me asking @Bobbyb?
And yeaa dude, I couldnā€™t imagine trying to grow bud in this humidity and heat weā€™ve been having!

I hear Kentucky is really close to legalizing Med, and recreational. I would be headed there shopping immediately! O go to Fly about once a year too. Now may have extra reason!

2 Likes

Iā€™m trying to pm you but I canā€™t find the button lolā€¦

Yea I canā€™t pm you eitherā€¦ Thatā€™s weird

They removed the PM button while you were banished. Thought we should share our thoughts publicly. Think they are after conspirators and undercover agents working for evil competitor seed cartels.

1 Like

Lol yea I guess so!