Drying in tent with Carbon Filter/Fan Combo?

I think that sounds pretty close @bob31 depending on bud density and a few other factors but I remember @Majiktoker has a number he uses to calculate the dry wieght using wet wieght
I believe he posted on my old thread somewhere I’ll go back and see if I can find it he said it was pretty close to the actual dry wieght let me look lol

1 Like

yeah, it would be good to have that for future reference @Countryboyjvd1971

Bob so I found that info from @Majiktoker it was
Divide wet wieght by 4.2 and you should get dry wieght or at least close I didn’t try it but he stated he was on point with his :+1:

@bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971 Good morning guys. Would that help me knowing when the curing is finished? For instance, if the weed dehydrated a certain percent , I’d know it was ready to be jarred and sealed?

so if you get say 2 ounces which is 56 grams divided by 4.2 you would wind up with 13 grams? or less than half an ounce? Does that seem right? @Countryboyjvd1971

You’d have to trim it all up to wiegh final wieght @Bobbi but I guess you could use it that way
It more to give you an idea what you actually have more than anything
And good morning to you too
@bob31 yes that sounds exactly right

2 Likes

week to 10 days the smaller stems should snap and not bend. They are ready for curing at that point! That’s about the best recommendation I ever got and really accurate!

Did you see where I tagged you this morning @Bobbi

1 Like

That’s how I was taught and it has never let me down
When they snap enough moisture has been released to get them into jars you still loose a little bit more wieght during the cure but it will be minimal

Yes, that’s a whole lot of jarred weed!

1 Like

That’s what we want isn’t it @Bobbi woohoo :raised_hands:

3 Likes

I’ll be harvesting within a couple of weeks, I have one plant drying now.

2 Likes

He did all the work but me and @Countryboyjvd1971 were pushing him in the right direction! (and a few others) hahaha @Bobbi

you already cut one down? @Bobbi

@bob31 Yes, I wanted one in the milky stage, it was early and had some Amber on it. Milky stage good for pain. Actually the 60 flowering days are up, all should be ready about now or within the next week or so. Remember that stubborn plant that didn’t want to flower, it’s the tallest and loaded now with flowers but way behind. I might have to take it outside to finish it if I use the tent to dry out all my plants.

3 Likes

Excellent. You should be able to leave her in the tent unless you need the room?

1 Like

Yes that would help you

@bob31 yes that’s correct.

I first learned how to do by trying it with 4.2 wet weight initially drying to 1.0 so figure for every 4.2 grams you get wet you’ll get a gram dry. Once I found out it worked than I tried with larger amounts still getting accurate or close an accurate estimate

5 Likes

good deal brother. You do all right in this world for a busted up young whipper snapper! @Majiktoker haahaha :palm_tree::v:

1 Like

Lol I do great in this world and all healed up ribs are doing good as well as my knee

1 Like

Good to hear your mending up! @Majiktoker

1 Like