Drying in tent with Carbon Filter/Fan Combo?

Hi @Bobbi I was hoping to get to it tonight, but I ran out of time and my back is nagging me a bit. It might not be till Wednesday now, but I will be sure to take some pics.

basically I have this older plastic coated fencing. The openings are like 2" x 2"

I am going to stretch it out and trim it to fit the area I am going to scrog which will wind up being like 1.5 feet wide x 3 feet long. (the back half of the 3x3 tent. I was going to build a frame but I’m not sure about that. I do have some thin boards called furring strips that I can build a frame with. But I will figure that out tomorrow or Wednesday.

On the other front, do you have room and have you considered a second tent?

1 Like

this is one I made from fence and some 1×1 plow stakes used a staple gun and stapled the fence to the plow stakes it worked pretty well or you can buy a cloth one on line

2 Likes

@eric2 Thanks for the photo, looks easy enough to put together. How many plants can I do in a 4’ x 4’ X 6’ 3" tent?

I did 3 gold leaf in a 3 x 3 x 8 I could have filled the Scroge with just one in a 3 x 3 it would’ve taken a little longer I started them on April 16 and this is what it looks like now A little crowded there are about 3 feet from the floor

5 Likes

Hi @Bobbi I am scrogging two photo period plants right now. Day three at 12/12 lighting schedule. I will have photos and an update wednesday. Here is my grow journal

Trial of Firsts

1 Like

@Screwauger. Thanks for posting the link to your journal, I read part of it last night and the rest of it this morning…all 188 pages!!! Very informative. On page 141 you posted a photo of the stem of one of the plants, how did you get so many thick shoots? I’ve never used this method before, you just pinched off the center of the plant, then keep pinching off any new centers? I watched many video’s but they don’t really explain this early part of what or where to pinch off. @bob31 suggested I do this with my new seeds. I know how to set up my tent (4’ X 4’ x 6’ 3") , not sure how many feminized plants will fit comfortable in there. But I need instructions on how/where/how often to take off centers. I also read where you topped them, not sure what that means, will have to look that up.

4 Likes

@Bobbi I’ve been busy and I happy your getting the help from the others woohoo great bunch of peeps they are
I think 3-4 tops on your tent and that’s if you have acesss to all side for service
I have to tents that size in I can access one of the side panels so I only put three in that one to make it easier on me
If your doing Autos in say 3 gal pots maybe you could get six or so in there
Topping if removal of the center growth at the top of the plant it causes them to bush out and slows upward growth
Definitely read a bit about it
Super cropping is another technique you should learn it helps with opening up center of the plant to more light
Have a great day Bobbi I’m at work so I’ll be on/off

1 Like

Topping your plants

Those stems are because of the autopots I am using. They have air pumps in the root zone and continual feeding 24/7 so the plants gey very large and are only limited by their genetics.

My plants are est. to get 3 feet tall genetically.

As for topping, I posted some links. My plants were both topped only once and by topped I mean I pinched off part of the main stem when they were young. Only once, I did not top other shoots.

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 I’m not doing auto’s this time around, they don’t yield enough for the amount of time put in to suit me. I ordered the Chocolope, plus I have some left over Northern light seeds, feminized. They are going into 7 gallon fabric pots . @bob31 said they both will get very tall and suggested this method of Scrog. My tent only has one opening but if I put the fence up high enough, I can reach under it to trim the branches. ( I’m slim) Thanks for posting the diagram @Screwauger , yes…will have to read about it. I’m not sure if I’m brave enough to try it as I’m just getting thru my first successful year of auto’s. I’ve cut down and dried two of them so far, now in the curing jars. Not much in weight but have my money back in investment. (No intention of selling it, for neighbor and my use only)I asked my nephew what street value per gram of weed was in our area and it’s $9.33 per gram. So the other 7 plants I have yet to harvest is profit so to speak.

1 Like

I just took a good look at the diagram, topping and fimming. Why would you do one over the other? I can see what topping would do but what’s the purpose of taking that tiny bit off the top of plant in fimming.

I feel the same way about auto @Bobbi I have only grew one yet lol it’s still in my small tent they are Fun to watch and play with
I grow for personal use as well and don’t sell it
The scrog technique is a good one but you should only do one or two under the screen to many and it defeats the purpose
The beautiful thing about photos is you have control over how big they get you should be able to veg for 4 weeks in that size tent before flipping to flower
FYI they don’t grow as fast in the beginning
The first 3-4 weeks is sprout and seedling stage with photos plants
You’ll double your harvest tho

2 Likes

Fim = F*&k I missed.

Fimming “grew” out of careless topping.

Successful Topping causes the main shoot to split into two shoots.

Successful Fimming causes the main shoot to split into four shoots.

I have never fimmed on purpose but there is always a chance that an attempt to top a shoot results in an accidental fimming because you didn’t remove enough of the top shoot/stem.

It sounds and looks more complicated than it is.

I’ve got may hands full trying to scrog two plants and my screen is going to be quite crowded as a result.

2 Likes

Exactly I did four on my first scrog attempt and quickly found out it was to many
I’ll. Be doing one next time
I have one outside under a 8x4 foot screen and I’ll have 90 % of the screen filled up before it flowers going to be a big harvest on that one
So I’m thinking one inside in 4x4 screen will be good too lol same amount less plants :+1:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 @Screwauger I learned NOT to run the lights during the summer months so I’ll have the heater in the tent to deal with. So I’d have to use only 2 plants and wire up 1/2 - 3/4 of the tent and do some fancy frame work where the heater will sit off to the side. Right now my tent is 82 degrees, no way I can lower the heat. I have 3 of my plants outside right now and 3 left in the tent. I’d like to put all of them outside but have to worry about hiding them, meter man is due anyday to read the meter in back of house where my plants are. :policeman:

1 Like

That’s a issue lol
Yeah I’m not in a legal state so I need to hide as well
But you could finish off the rest of you girl outside if you wanted to would save $ on the electric as well
Why do you need a heater this time of year ? :thinking:

1 Like

@Countryboyjvd1971 I don’t need a heater now but I will next batch. I’m going to start the seeds today, what’s the best fool proof way to start your seeds?

1 Like

I soak mine 24 hours in water and then the towel method once I have a nice tap root into dirt in a solo cup with holes in it for draining
Works for me had 95% success rate and blame me for the 5% that didn’t take lol
Any way that what I do and

3 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 Thanks, I’m going to soak 3 seeds I took off of a stressed feminized Northern Lights from 2 years ago, my first botched attempt of growing. I found 13 seeds from the plant, stored them in rice in small black container in frig, @bob31 said he’d help me figure out if any are hemi herme? only the sprout grow. IF THEY GROW.

2 Likes

Same here @Countryboyjvd1971… have had great success with this method…and good results in the end… :sunglasses:

3 Likes