Drying in hanging bag

The temp is good , i think if you change the humidity to 40-50 , it will be perfect

1 Like

i just looked at the website and they have two different shipping. you guys that it took 3 weeks, did you do DHL or the ething? i have decided to get the small one because i will never have more than 6 small plants. suspect best i’d do is 24 ozs so it will be plenty big enough

Both orders I choose whatever shipping method was cheapest as I had plenty of time. The first shipment took 2-3 weeks. The second order was about a week but then again I was in convo with him about the extra filter for the bigger one and it wasn’t available to order on the web site so that may have helped expedite things?

Of course coming through US customs can be a crap shoot too…not always the shipping method but customs delay

1 Like

i kinda thought dhl was an “overnight” kinda thing one was 17 the DHL is 24 so for 7 bucks might as well get here faster as i will need it in next couple of weeks

Makes sense
You are gonna love the simplicity of it.
Just stick a little hygrometer in one of the slots so you can see the temps and humidity as it dries.
I first set one in the closet before I even got the dryer just to see what it was ranging and was around 72 and 55-60% but that also was back in April so will see again where in house might be best upstairs or downstairs room or closet…hey maybe my extra refrigerator lol

Oh and you’ll need a small 2 prong extension chord like for Xmas lights

2 Likes

i have been lolly-gagging on pulling the trigger on this for months now lol. i have tossed back and forth between cure tent and wedryer. what has kind of sold me on wedryer is that it is another part of the cycle that i don’t have to fiddlefck around with. i’m sure after a couple of years i will be looking for something to mess with, but right now i’m focusing on growing consistant good bud

1 Like

Exactly
Just FYI on how I did the trimming
Cut branches off in lengths that would fit into a slot shelf leaving a handle (stem) to hold it while trimming
Wet trimmed them of all fan leaves (pulled most of those out with finger pinch) and scissors for sugar leaves all over a trimming bin.
Tossed the trimmings into container and tossed in freezer for later use.
Then put the buds in slots based on sizes. Big with big medium with medium etc so as the smaller ones dried first would jar them and so on…
Haven’t done a multi strain harvest as my last time (first time) each plant ripened almost exactly 1 week apart so worked out as the dry took 5-7 days depending on size of buds and how dense and all.
Jared up a plant as the next one was ready to chop.

3 Likes

Good info here. I’m ordering the xl today and hope to use it in 4-5 weeks or so

1 Like

Arrives today by DHL. Hong Kong to east coast in 6 days. Not bad

2 Likes

@sparkler watch your airflow. I had my exhaust set too high and it dries them too fast.

3 Likes

Haven’t even gotten my Wedryer out of the zipper bag yet ended up getting here too late. I got the xl seemed smarter to keep it in the bag till I need it next batch.

1 Like

That does make sense , I’ll keep it in mind with the next batch, thanks!!

2 Likes

If you dont have a controller for your exhaust I’m assuming you could close your vent flaps a tad to throttle airflow. Btw my wedryer took about two weeks that was middle ground shipping option.

If you order the wedryer from Amazon to the us, it takes 3 days to arrive. But they have only the smaller version.

3 Likes

Yeah @bob420 that’s why I had to order it from them aka china for the xl. It took about 2 weeks. Still haven’t set it up yet.lol still in the tight packed bag.

1 Like

I just put my XL into service yesterday. Will know soon how it does.
I paid the extra shipping for DHL when I ordered and it took 6 days to the east coast

4 Likes

Nice. I have yet to use mine yet.

3 Likes

@dragsterdad how did the wedryer work for you?

@Bubblehead It seemed to work fine. I dried my 5 outdoor plants in it at different times. None had really tight buds and the average drying time was 4-6 days. My first outdoor attempt. 4 of them were really decent for bagseed. One went in the fire pit :thinking:. All dried well and very consistent.
I will be harvesting in a few weeks my indoor WW fem and these buds are solid. So I expect the drying time to be longer.
So I give it a :+1:t2:
Happy growing :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for the update. How was the odor?

2 Likes