Drying in hanging bag

There was a post discussing dying using a product that was a hanging bag with a fan and a filter. For the life of me I can’t find it. I was hoping to get a report on how well it worked. Any review would be appreciated.

4 Likes

Was it that Wedryer they were talking about?

4 Likes

Yea that’s it! Looking for a review from someone. I would like to flip my tent quickly and this would help free up some space. If it works…

3 Likes

Can’t remember which guys were talking about it on here, but I’m pretty sure one of them was ordering then, and has probably used it since. Let me do some digging.

3 Likes

@bob420 was one of them that uses it, I think. I can’t find the thread we’re both remembering. Maybe it’s parallel mistaken memories? :open_mouth: :grin:

3 Likes

Yes . Iam using the wedryer . I already dryed with it 3 times . Its a great product . It free my growing chamber . The day i harvest , i start a new round . And the drying quality is great . Go to their website. Www.wedryer.com . Contact me if you need more details and photos .

10 Likes

looks like a neat idea, and i was going to buy a third tent to do my curing in, this would save that but at a similar cost.

1 Like

@Bubblehead, @monkman,
all u need is 60% RH or less, 50-55% is ideal, and hang the plants to dry.!
u want it dark and a little air movement, doesn’t take much at all.

if u can dry near the grow tent your current carbon filter might remedy the smell.

i have to be very stealthy so i dry in the top of my custom mad grow box…

5 Likes

@SlowOldGuy Understood. I am looking for options because I am trying to do a quick flip on my tent. Tieing up the tent for drying seems wasteful when I could be growing. Plus, next winter I want to set up my version of perpetual grow so I will need to free up the tent then.

2 Likes

@Bubblehead, @monkman,
low light levels r acceptable.!
no direct sunlight or grow lights.!!
indoor house lighting will not bother them as long as the bulbs r 4’ away or further.

i have dried plants outside in full shade,
anytime during the day u could walk up and look at the upside down plants, no direct sun tho.!

if u want total darkness, hang up a dark colored bed sheet or blanket around your new dry area, maybe a $10 clip fan to move a little air…???

2 Likes

that helps a bunch, thanks @SlowOldGuy

1 Like

buy what u want, but $120 sounds steep for a drying area, especially as small as it looks, can’t find any specs.

the only advantage would be the carbon filter…
again, no specs, but it is the size of a computer fan…??? LOL.!!

2 Likes

First off, I do NOT understand why that thing is $120 lol…it’s a $20 drying rack with a $5 computer fan…but the main thing I’m concerned about is the fan blowing directly on the bud. I don’t think that thing is meant to be used for drying cannabis. maybe the bottom half of the rack would be okay but I would never put bud in the top half if it had a PC fan blowing air directly on it and at that point I would just get a normal drying rack and save myself $100. overpriced junk IMHO.

2 Likes

i am probably set with getting a small tent to use for initial drying. i don’t want smells going downstairs in case of company. Even though it is legal, being the blues fan i am, “ain’t nobody’s business but my own”. :sunglasses: i have the room for it and it would make me feel more comfortable. and if i know any better, i will be using it for growing eventually anyways. lol

@SlowOldGuy

2 Likes

Your correct there is not much in the way of materials in the build but we are in a niche market and people can charge what they can get. Unless you have experience with it, calling it junk may be a stretch. Several on the forum have used it and gave it good reviews. They even said they would buy it again.
By the time I set up a new tent, fan and filter I would be over their asking price. In my situation and others stealth is a must. Some are willing to pay for that others are not.

5 Likes

Yeah, the smell can attract jazz musicians…:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5 Likes

lol g1 and that is the history from the 20 and 30’s

1 Like

Well I called it junk not because I think it might not work, I simply think $120 is pretty steep for a $15 drying rack and $3-5 computer fan. you, me, or anyone on this forum can make this product for $30 maximum…and you mention a tent, etc etc, a tent setup would be a massive upgrade compared to this thing so you should expect to pay more. so you can’t really compare a tent setup to a drying rack. just to be clear though, you do realize you can buy the materials yourself and make this thing in 10 minutes right? this company didn’t make drying racks a thing, they existed before this product. they only added a $5 fan and a few sheets of carbon filter.

3 Likes

I dry my buds in a cardboard box with string tied across it to hang them from. One small hole in the bottom on one end, and another on the top of the other end to allow some airflow through, and a hygrometer/thermometer in one end. The entire thing was less than $5.

4 Likes

My first grow I dried using the wet trim/paper bag method. That was free!
The next few plants, I tried the other 2 standard methods.
Other than kind of a grassy smell, I think I like it better than wet trim/hang dry or hang dry/dry trim.
I might try multiple methods again when my current 4 plants are ready to harvest in order to replicate testing, but so far I’m leaning toward the paper bag method as my favorite since it allows me to wet trim and maintained a real nice moisture level.

1 Like