Drying huge colas

7 Likes

you got that right.

Sorry i sent the wrong pic of that cola. Both pics are the same cola. Ill semd em now.

My main question is how should i dry a huge cola like that so rot doesnt set in? Ive heard people say that huge colas usually have to be torn apart to dry so theres no rot. But damn i woukd like to be able to just dry this girl as is!!! So whats the best way to dry a huge cola like this, wo having to break it up?

1 Like

Keep a lot of air moving but not blowing directly at it. If you can keep rh and temp as close to 60%/60° as possible, you might be ok. Idk. That’s a nice fat fxxxing cola though.

2 Likes

You can improve your chances by doing a peroxide rinse immediately after chopping. I rinse all of my buds at harvest time.

2 Likes

Just keep air circulating, you should be fine. I dry big ones like that all the time.

2 Likes

Fantastic bud dude!
OK, so you worked hard to get that result. You got the pic to preserve it for the history books. Pull it apart and dry parts separately. Bud rot is tragic. Are you planning on lighting the whole bud and having a massive hoooooka party or something? point being you got to break it up to smoke it so control the cure. The work’s not done ‘till the cure is done correctly.

1 Like

@merlin44 , agreed bud wash after separating. Just be carful not to break off the trichomes with handling.

:: crocodile dundee voice :: Now that’s a bud!