Drying & Curing

I feel ya, i will be happy if i simply get a harvest. Thanks again

I just cut one and hung it this morning and the conditions right now are 77f and 49% Rh.
I figure it will take about 10 days since it is real fat chunky buds.

1 Like

Paper bags are for speed drying which is exactly the opposite of what we want, we want a nice slow dry for 7-10 days thats why most of hang up entire plants and not just branches( unless theyre to huge not to segment) i just hang up a clothesline or sturdy twine across a closet that gets no light and have a fan blow air UNDER ( not directly on) the hanging plants to gently rotate the air . They do cure faster in grove bags too you can smoke them ( technically as soon as you stabilize humidity in the bag ) but theyll be pretty harsh for the 1st 2 months 4 months in the terps will start to be much more apperent and the terps just keep getting better over the next year. I just opened a bag of orange creamsicle i finished last year and it pure orange candy in there.

4 Likes

I certainly want the best i can possibly produce. To much time and money wrapped up to get half good stuff. Appreciate the info!

2 Likes

@GreenSnek Happy Cannaversery

2 Likes

@Covertgrower damn it could this be why I couldn’t get the RH inside the bag down to 62%? Cos I was checking moisture in the buds not the stem? Possibly making it not dry enough?

2 Likes

[quote=“HMGRWN, post:2, topic:91368”]
Yes, but you do have to dry first.
[/quote] find a good space for drying.

Quart or gallon glass jars that can be less than half filled.
Multiple, if grow goes well.
RH sensors, and a controllable space (light, RH, and temp).
then glass jars and ultimately, the freezer in a container.
60/60 is the goal.

It will be higher inside the bag, the bag slows the moisture especially in dry environments.
I would still check both, but the flower is ultimately what matters.

2 Likes

Drying ur best of drying in ur tent or closet u want ur temp around 18 degrees Celsius and ur humidity around 45-55 % long slow dry , and once u have dried it properly u can place ur buds into a grove bag with humidity meter so u can keep a eye on the humidity in the bag and if it gets to high tip out the bag and leave it for half hour then put back in bag

2 Likes

Personally I hang the entire plant, minus roots, in a vented closet where I have ceiling fan running in the room for 7 - 10 days until the buds feel right, slight sponginess and the few leaves i left on are crunchy.
Then I trim down the large buds and the nugs and place in wide mouth mason jars about 2 thirds full and let sit like that for 2 more days. Stir the buds around and put the lid on the jar. Every two days I stir them around again. I am still using last years buds from using this method. learned this method back in 1969 and it has not failed me yet.
Good luck with whatever process you use.

6 Likes

Btw second grow is looking awesome brother!

1 Like

Hey! Thank you, my brother! Totally made my day! :grinning:

1 Like

@Se7en
Have you used grove bags? I am really excited to try them.

2 Likes

Lol, im only 2 week into first grow. Just trying to learn as much as possible from all the folks here to ensure a good grow hopefully. But ive caught the bug now!!

3 Likes

Oh, hell yeah.
I learn more every single day from these boards AND I get the privilege of seeing the FANTASTIC flower that the experts are growing MY GOD what beautiful work. Really shows you these dudes do in fact know what they are talking about and that you can trust their input. Very cool.

2 Likes

@ShockDog im on my first time using them right now, been a few days now into cure

4 Likes

I’ll ask you in a couple weeks what you think. :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

I’m drying some High CBD weed and some NLights auto flower at the moment. Can only get the temp down to @70-75’F. and RH 55-60% in the tent so I’m guessing that 5 or so days will dry them enough. I’ve get a pin moisture meter (mini lingo) for testing. I’m using glass jars with 62% humipaks. Already tried some C+C CBD and it’s surprisingly smooth already. This is the most satisfying time, Tonkin and Jarrin!

1 Like

No worries at all brother :sunglasses:

1 Like

Maybe late on reading but

I will stick into the bud itself, without the stem
Maybe not the best way but it gives you a SWAG= Scientific Wild Ass Guess

1 Like