Drying Conditions

I cut both my plants today. Hanged them in my closet and the temps are currently 45RH and 79F Is this good ? Cant seem to lower temps, Drying in a closet with a fan and a humidifier

This was @Myfriendis410 advise to me, highly respected grower.

Minimum 7 days to get to 62%, give or take and I try for 10 days. Low 60’s temp and 50+ % RH. Keep air moving in the dry space and should be dim if not dark. The plant will continue to consume harsh sugars for some time after the chop.

Cure in jars (or in new buckets if large amount) burping the container once or twice a day for a couple of weeks and then maybe once a week for a few more weeks. Toxic gasses accumulate in the container. That’s why you burp jars.

2 Likes

last plant i did 5 days and it over dried maybe due to low humidity.

2 Likes

I’ve got a plant right now flushed down to 90 ppm in coco and ready to harvest. But SoCal has some hot dry weather forecast for several days so I’m going to try to hold off til Monday. Much better conditions then. I do target 10 days but rarely reach it. Coincidentally the best aromatics I’ve ever had came from the C99/Durban Thai that not2sureyet grew: that did take 10 days and is amazing.

1 Like

Don’t forget the bud wash. :blush:

1 Like

never done that