Drying buds in paper bags

You should dry at room temperature, 50°f is ok, in a dark room, with humidity below 60%. If your humidity is very low then it’s good to leave the leaves on to help slow the drying process, take them off if the humidity is high.

2 Likes

Thanks again @raustin!!! Hmmm, it says Humidity is 55% or so in the next room over, 2 rooms away, I guess. Let me put the temp. gauge thing/humidity gauge thing in that room… Well, I opened the door to that room to warm it up a bit, to high 50’s…, so should be pretty close now…

Well, it is a little cooler in “the drying room” still…

You’re in good hands my friend. I’m going to buy one of those multi compartment things you hang up and start drying that way the next harvest. I don’t know what they’re called, but a lot of people use them. I just hang upside down for now in the flower room in a darker area I was going to use for clones.

Pepe

1 Like

Ha, ha,ha… Well, the thing with the compartments better be quite large…, from the pics I’ve seen of some of ur grows, Amigo!!! lol A humidor? Nah, those are for cigars, or curing I would think? Not for drying? Just checked my plant I have drying, and I thought it would be ready to trim up and cure, but the smallest stem just bent, but did not want to break off… So, I guess it is not quite ready yet??? From what I have read…, or maybe u guys told me that… lol Been 7 days or so, a few hours more, I think. Seems about right though, I guess? Drying in a rather cool room in the 50’s with humidity in the 50’s? Well, let me know if that does seem not right!!! lol Kinda glad, I do not have to work on buds right now!!! It is getting really late!!! Now I do not have to wash the perex thing I was/am going to cure it/them in either…, till tomorrow!!! lol Should get my new Ball quart curing/storing jars in a couple/few days though! Yea!!! Made in the U.S… too! Well, they are supposed to be anyway!

1 Like

Boveda is for curing and long term storage. If the upper nodes snap, I will start trimming buds. I use all those teensy lower buds for butter, so I don’t do anything but take the fan leaves off. Not sugar leaf. Can’t really take those off. They have to be trimmed.

Pepe

1 Like

Alligator clips they are called.

No benefit to hanging upside down other than it just being easier because of the stems can be used as “handles”. Nothing “flows” from the stems to the buds. The stems don’t have jack in them. The “resin” theory is wrong too. There is no “resin” that flows from the stems to the buds either. The cells in a plant are still alive for 2-3 days after the chop and then slowly die. You can hang buds right side up with paperclip sticking in the buds but that’s a lot of work. People also dry on drying trays, paper bags, etc. There is no “right” way to hang buds. You just want to make sure that they aren’t crowded when hung for airflow reasons. Also a fan circulating the room air helps as well. Just don’t point the fan directly on the buds. Point it away from the buds and this will help stir the air.