Drying and jarring question

Hey guys I’m curious if you guys put your buds in jars as they feel dry? Basically my smaller buds are beginning to feel dry but my larger buds are still moist. Do I wait or just start jarring the small stuff now?

When you can crack a stem off by bending it. You should be good to go. Key is to keep humidity at a constant about 50 and a gentle breeze .

Do the stems snap? That’s the trick. If they do, jar them. But I’m assuming you plan on jarring the other bugs different? Dont forget to burp and watch the humidity. I’d suggest using integra boost packs to help cure. They’re great.

1 Like

Oo first time I heard of integra packs I got scared off of boveda because people said it altered taste

2 Likes

Yea, integra swears theirs dont. Part of their selling point. That’s why I went with them. I love them. They’re amazing for storage too and never have affected the smell or taste (terpenes) of my flower. I use them in a vault usually. Check them out.

Nope they work great.

1 Like

@Shaggy @AutoMattik @GreenSnek

That’s where my confusion is. I’ve heard about the stem test (my first grow/harvest) but the smaller stuff is about a day off judging by stems. The big top colas are fifteen times as big and not nearly as dry lol. So the small will be ready first, but wasn’t sure if I should do it all at once or just grab the smaller stuff as it is ready. I do have my jars, humidity packs and humidity monitors for each jar ready and waiting!

You can do the small nugs now. Just do them in their own jar. Fill the jar 3/4 full and start. I’m assuming you know to burp and all that as well. Then do the bigger nugs in separate jars when they dry.

1 Like

That was sort of what I was thinking. Most of the small ones that are close to being ready was gonna be the sample type nugs lol. I’m hoping the big ones need their own jar anyway :joy:

I don’t recommend using boveda for curing. Neither does boveda.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger I am not disagreeing with you because frankly I have no clue lol but I’m curious why they cause issues but other brands don’t? If you know of course. Just trying to learn something. I’ve seen many suggest them.

It’s a different system in the packs. One is gel based and one salt water based I believe. Integra does recommend for curing as to where boveda does not, but I’ve heard a lot of growers do it.

1 Like

Good info to have. I actually have Integra but that’s just what I bought, I hadn’t heard that about boveda lol.

1 Like

Yea, I just saw some 3rd pack on here today. But only knew of the 2. But the integra I believe are the best now.

1 Like