Dry weight with high yield

A question from a fellow grower:

if I bought a high yielding strain like 600 gm2 seeds off of you
what could you guess the dry weight would be on a 9 week veg 9 week flower perpetual grow
per bucket

My own opinion, there really isn’t any way to know that for sure.
Now if everything was perfect thought the grow ya maybe so.
But that’s not going to happen at least not in the beginning as a new grower.
I’ve been in this forum now for well over a year and I have talked with growers who have been growing much longer than I and aren’t sure on this.
Read this this is " VERY INFORMATIVE "

Will
How many grams you harvest has a lot to do with how efficiently you use your space and how well the lights is being used for the space.

How are you growing?

We could use more info. What are the parameters in your grow?

Let’s get you started with a ILGM support ticket that Latewood had first developed. It’s is a great checklist of things in your plant’s environment that might help give us an idea of what could be going wrong.

Answer all the relevant questions the best you can, if you do not know, or do not use something, just say so or put ‘NA’.

ILGM Support Ticket:

What is the strain and type(strain name, unknown bag seed, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)?

Indoor or Outdoor? If outdoor, planted in ground or in a container?

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type?

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/runoff) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant?

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels?

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps?

Humidity %?

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR?

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier?

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or Bloom/flowering?

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer. Feel free to elaborate, but try to be brief and to the point. Short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you smile

~MacG

MacGyverStoner
Science Officer
Jun 25
There are yields estimates for each of our seeds in the seed’s description in the shop.

Something like 300-600 grams approximately per square yard or square meter from a healthy plant or plants, in general, that are effectively using the light available to them – for most strains. Of course this shouldn’t be expected to be so high from certain strains or from most peoples first grows, and probably not at all that high of yields for autoflower strains. And these numbers would likely be on a little higher side when grown outdoors.

29 DAYS LATER

Bluesman2000
Jul 24
When the yield for your seeds are stated, 16oz/1 sq. meter, for example, is that per plant or per 1 sq. meter. I have 3 purple haze in a 22" x 34" tent. About what will the yield be? Thanks

MacGyverStoner
Science Officer
Jul 24
Although some strains can yeild up to and sometimes more than a pound per plant, that would be a huge plant taking up at least a square meter if not much more area.

Yes, it is per square meter, not per plant. If you have 22 inches by 34 inches of area, that equals 743 square inches, right? That would be about 0.48 square meters, or for the sake of simplicity about a half a square meter, which is what I would’ve guessed by “eyeballing it” knowing a yard is 36 inches and a meter is about 39 inches. And so at a square half meter at 16oz/sq. meter, you’d have a little less than 8 oz.

This is if everything goes right and in the best of circumstances, so most would not likely expect this their first grow, or until experienced with said strain.

Hope this helps.

Happy Growing,

MacG

1 Like

latewood
Head Groundsman
Jul 25
The only way you truly know what you can grow per plant, per meter, per SF’; Is to grow using your methods and techniques. Grow after grow, you will gauge your results; And that is the best answer to your question.

What you should be asking is; 'How do I yield a gram per watt"? This is the measure; And, or, benchmark we all strive to achieve. Happy growing.

2 Likes