Dry trim vs wet trim

Hello everyone again. I was just wondering what everyone’s thought are on this topic. I’ve dry trimmed twice before but never wet trimmed. Id appreciate any input. Thanks in advance

I do a mini trim while wet then finish trim after drying

Dry trim is a PITA haha! I do a major defoliate the last week before harvest. Depending on how leafy the plant is I will either hand trim wet or run through a bowl trimmer, depending. If you are drying in a low RH environment you may want to leave the leaves on the flower to slow down the rate of drying.

7 Likes

I bought an itrim machine that works really well, and you wet trim with it, but up until then I always wet trimmed by hand.

What machines are you guy’s using? So they work well? I wouldn’t mind using one since trimming by hand makes my breathing weezy for some reason.

1 Like

This is the one me and a buddy went in half on.

2 Likes

I bought the 19" Vivosun. I took a clue from @dbrn32 and we bowl trim the smaller buds and hand trim the pretty tops (I like big buds, I cannot lie). What took two hours now takes about 20 minutes.

7 Likes

Yup, First time I used mine I harvested, and trimmed one plant from start to finish in about 30 minutes. It was 5 oz. dry.

Interesting. Ive seen this trimmers before. I wasn’t sure if they worked well. So when you guys use these to wet trim, you use a drying rack then I’m assuming?

I now try to get as many leaves off when wet. Once they dry, it’s a royal pain.

@Myfriendis410 I would love to see you trim my Super Monster Sativas. I think it may take more than 20 mins. Just saying. :sunglasses:

1 Like

I had two this last grow: a Maui Wowie and a Sour Diesel. They were ridiculous. So I bought a bowl trimmer and mowed 'em down.

1 Like

How much was it? My Indicas are easy to trim. You have seen my Sativas. :joy:

I think it was around $140.

1 Like