Dry Sift Hash ... vacuum sealer?

I’m interested in turning my stash into a more compact form for storage and discovered dry sift. I’ve read up on processing the sift rather than storing it as powder. It all seems to involve heat and pressure but seem kind of tedious to me. So my question …

Could I just vacuum seal it and boil the vacuum sealed bags to turn it into a solid form? Most of the methods I’ve seen use water to keep the package from getting too hot.

Thanks for any help.

1 Like

sounds interesting, idk, but would like to find out :+1:

As far as I know once you have kief all that it takes to form bricks of hash from it is pressure. But really what is the point of the extra step? Kief can store in a dark cool dry place for quite a long time and with that said probably 10x longer in the freezer.

1 Like

Convenience for one. Also, boiling it may be enough heat to decarb it. Maybe not, I usually do 240F for 40 minutes.

1 Like

im not following you about decarbing dry rub kief???

I make edibles. I’d need to decarb it at some point.

1 Like

ok well the canna butter does boil for at least an hour so I think that does the trick. Are we talking about the same thing? When I refer to dry rub kief Im assuming this is the same thing as dry sift hash…

Yep, same thing, different term.

1 Like

yeah if it were me I would just store the kief in the freezer in a sealed glass mason jar making sure it was dried and cured before the dry rub.

1 Like