Dry Herb Vaporizer

So I’m thinking that I’d like to buy my wife a Dry Herb Vaporizer.

There’s a wide range of products.

Is there a big difference in quality of smoke or vapor between the $50 dollar pens and the $200+ products like the Pax 2 and the DaVinci portables?

3 Likes

I’m suprised no one has responded… im looking too. I had decided on a Lookah Ice Cream dry herb vaporizer… but their website won’t let me buy one (my state is missing from the list, and if the don’t fix it, I’m going to need to find another.

2 Likes

I ended up going with a DaVinci. It works well!

I’d love a table top volcano but they’re pretty pricey .

Check out discount vape pen dot com for your ice cream @writerjennifer

1 Like

i’m a fan of arizer products. i rock my v tower but the portables look like great options too

3 Likes

I have the Arizer V-Tower, it’s great after a fairly inexpensive mod from Ddave Mods. For a portable I have the GPen Elite, and I wouldn’t really recommend it. The smell after the chamber is heated is a dead giveaway-I found that out by mistake. I walked in a Bass Pro Shop with it in my pocket after a few hits in a non legal state and ran into a guy that I used to work with. He told me he could smell it from 6’ away, and he was wearing a mask. I immediately took it back to my truck. When I opened the truck door about an hour later, the skunk smell was very obvious. I don’t know if all portable vape devices are like this or not, this is the only one I’ve used.

1 Like

Nice. My husband and I went to a smokeshop and not only did they have the Ice Cream… they had it in PURPLE!!! And half the price of the website. So, I’m happy. thanks for the inof though.

2 Likes

I am very interested in this topic.I am looking at it from 2 points of view, 1. The flavor, I have only smoked joints, I roll my own, I have been rolling tobacco cigs. since the early '60s. Currently mix herb with a small amount of tobacco. I really enjoy the smoke. #2 Cost effective, Once you light a cig. it is burning. I have read that smoking you waste from 2/3 to 3/4 of that weed. Being conservative or cheap, I want the most for my money. Does the flavor from a convection device equal that from a smoke. What is the best convection device ?? I have been looking at a Pax 3. If there is no smoke how would a person know that the weed had been used up ?? I am a first time grower, Just harvested 12 WW Photo from ILGM. Just starting a indoor grow. I really love this forum and have learned so much. Thank you in advance.

1 Like

So to be honest, I’m a grower, not a smoker. My wife is the smoker.

She likes the vaporizer we ended up going with, a DaVinci.

The pax 3 is also a good one. And it can do concentrates too.

You’ll know the sesh is done when it stops producing. You’ll have dark brown herb left over in the chamber.

My wife ultimately stoped using it. She prefers bowls and joints. It’s was a fun experiment though

3 Likes

Taste is better than smoking. You can really taste the terpenes when vaping. I’ve been using a pax 2 for years and it works well. It is a bit more of a pain to pack and you really need to grind the flower and pack it in tight. I don’t know if it’s more cost effective either. However, it is easier on the lungs in addition to better tasting.

I switch back and forth between vaping and smoking. It’s nice to have an alternative.

3 Likes

Agree with @Naturalmedsman that the terps come out much clearer since you don’t have the plant material combustion. It does take some getting used to but the high feels cleaner too. I have the pax 3 and the other cool part is you can reuse the material that you vaped (ABV- already been vaped) because it is now decarbed. You can sprinkle it on your food, mix it in smoothies, cook with it, etc. Just be careful, it is real easy to take too much and it’ll put you on your ass for 20hrs.

6 Likes

I have a G-pen and an Arizer desk top for at home. The g-pen works ok but not as good as the Arizer. My wife and I will never burn our weed again unless it’s an emergency.

4 Likes

I have the Starry XMAX 3.0. It’s my first vaporizer, and I really like it. Yes, the taste with the dry herb vape is so much better than smoking, and I love the control choosing various temperatures for various effects. Also, I feel I have better control over the dosing.

3 Likes

I would recommend the mighty

2 Likes

Has anyone looked at/bought vaporizers from HealthyRips (dot com)? Supposed to be good quality at a good price; yeah, that’s often heard, lol.

1 Like

I have a yocan vane dry vaporizer cause I didn’t want a expensive until I tried the dry vaporizer to see if it was for me. And love the way the herb tastes. I might get a better one in the future.

2 Likes

Same here. Found a coupon on the Starry and yaaaaaaay! :yum:

1 Like

That’s awesome! All this time I had no idea you could use the spent flower from a vaporizer! I just figured all the good stuff was vaped out of it. Going to have to try making some QWET once I accumulate enough.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t think it’d be very potent after vaping it. But I was wrong. I put a tablespoon of abv in my coffee last Christmas and was absolutely useless for 20 straight hours. Of course at first I thought I was in the clear because it didn’t kick in until 4 hrs later.

3 Likes

I use a S&B Mighty and it’s one helluva device, I love it! Now that I just bought a house I will be getting a S&B Volcano…really good quality machines! A little $$$ but quality

2 Likes

Hi and welcome. I was looking at the Ambit and the user’s manual. I didn’t see cleaning instructions for it - do you mind sharing or pointing me to where it’s at on the website? Thanks. :slightly_smiling_face: