Druid tries for purple!

I think I’m on board,lol

1 Like

Awesome man I appreciate it!

Sounds great man we can learn together :pray:t2:

2 Likes

Hey @Druiddescent or anyone else familiar with the blues and purples. Can you tell me why my Blueberry looks absolutely nothing like the advertised picture? Is this just a bit of marketing poetic license or are the buds actually meant to go that colour and I’ve done something wrong??

2 Likes

Genetics and Temps. Genetics is hard to come by that will turn on its own. Thats what I’m trying lol but low Temps in late flower will bring it out.

1 Like

None of my blueberry autos have displayed those colors. And the buds have all been fluffy. I’m done with them. I do have some blueberry photos that I will eventually grow out hoping for denser buds because the blueberry terps are awesome.

3 Likes

Oh I see… That’s a shame.

Low temps you say? Hahahaha not here I won’t!

3 Likes

This has already been answered but I wanted to add to the discussion. Temperatures will help bring out color, also raising your ph in the last couple of weeks is supposed to help bring out color. I’ve read that you can raise your ph up to 10 or 11 going in the last 2 or 3 weeks before harvest and it will bring out the colors also. I’m not brave enough yet to try it. I may give it a try the next time I grow some purple strains.

4 Likes

Oh wow I’d be too scared to do that right before the finish line lol

2 Likes

Raising ph that late is really not any worry because you would be flushing in theory anyway. High ph doesn’t hurt taste or anything that late.

1 Like

But in my case I can’t get it cold enough, so im hoping genetics . And never heard of the ph thing.

1 Like

I’m with @Druiddescent on the PH for colors. New one on me. I’ve raised the PH late in flower but by accident, I don’t know the genes but the colors really popped in the 8th week

3 Likes

Hey thanks @Carpenter and @Druiddescent :purple_heart:

I suppose we shall see?

3 Likes

Yep! We will!

2 Likes

Do you believe that the accidental ph raise may have contributed to colors. I’ve read that it will. But personally don’t know for sure.

2 Likes

4 weeks total today! Bushy!

Here’s little miss Zweet auto!

6 Likes

Good question @anon33684698
I’ve got a blueberry auto and I’ve seen no purple buds

2 Likes

@Blackmoon I can’t remember sorry, have you previously grown Blueberry to finish or is she still going? :purple_heart:

1 Like

My blueberry auto still going @anon33684698
Seed Broke the surface on the 28th sept 2020
First sign of flowering was on the 17th November at day 51 still going.
Its the 6th January 21 at day 101

Its not real big cause I was super busy at the start and they got neglected.
Thinking ill drop another one before it’s too late into the summer and look after it better.
Cheers

4 Likes

At least you’ve got the purple in the leaves there @Blackmoon! Mine are mostly yellow because I had a ph a touch too low and she couldn’t draw in the Phosphorus, Cal, or Mag. I’ve been making sure it’s in between 6.5 and 6.8 now.

1 Like