Dropping leaves?

Hi all hoping to get some advise. My plants were going wonderfully well, until one of them has quiet a few leaves looking very sad and droopy.
I haven’t changed anything in terms of nutes/watery cycle abd amount. So don’t think it is over or under watering?

Actually the only think I did change was I raised the lights a few inches as the plants were growing taller.

Any advise would be appreciated!

2 Likes

Only time I have seen leafs do that is when they are over watered or need water badly.

4 Likes

I think they look over watered, if you search up under watered bs over watered cannabis plant this is what over watering looks like, hope you can get it sorted, I had this problem for a little while

2 Likes

What they said

Pick the pot up and see how it feels. A dry pot is a lot lighter than one that that’s saturated. If they feel ok then your problem lies elsewhere :sunglasses:

2 Likes

The question is how do I know the difference in weights when I have not lifted them previously??!!

1 Like

That was my thinking, it’s odd if over watering as I have not increased the amount of frequency. Head scratcher.

The leaves that are dropping feel dry compared to the other leaves

1 Like

Do you know if over watering causes dry leaves?
As the drooping leaves are more dry than the other leaves

1 Like

You will know the difference between a dry pot which will feel almost fly away compared to a dead weight sodden pot, trust me on that one. Eliminate the over/under watering aspect first then we can look elsewhere

2 Likes

So if over watering is it as simple as not watering for 4-6 days?

1 Like

Yep, make sure it is over watering first by doing the weight test. If it is sodden then walk away from her and let her use up the water that’s there. Keep a keen eye on what’s going on in there though

1 Like

The soil is moist, not wet. I guess it feels heavy ish. I have fabric pots, they are not wet underneath and I have them on a Crete to promote airflow underneath.

1 Like

As she dries out a bit keep an eye on her leaves. Just watch the attitude of the plant now though, look for noticeable changes. Take a picture then another from the same point in a day or two and look for improvements. If she’s still failing then we need to look elsewhere for the cause :face_with_monocle:
Not entirely convinced that over watering is the cause but it needs to be ruled out :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yeah taking photos each day, I check on the girls multiple times a day!
It is cold in Melbourne (aus) at the moment so I thought perhaps that it might be a cause?

What is your grow room temps

Between 5 and 15 degrees (Celsius)

1 Like

That’s really low. 21-27 is ideal temperature range. Need to get that up as soon as possible. What are you using to control your temp. I use an inkbird, the heating cooling one and I can set the high and low limits on it. High brings my extractor fan on and low brings a small fan heater on and my temp right now is 24c. Temp swing wants to be 10° max

1 Like

Not using anything for temp control. Only got a fan in there to circulate air.

Like to hear more about this thing you have! Would a small heater or similar help?

I think you’ve found the cause. I think your babies are cold

2 Likes

Sounds like a stupid question, what is the easiest and safest way to bring temp up?

1 Like