Droopy top of plant?

That’s good.

1 Like

Looks like a happy bunch of girls today!
I’m thinking my ladies will like it when the heat breaks a little also

3 Likes
2 Likes

Your girls look great. What you saw (as pointed out) was the plant posturing before bedtime. Plants will also posture like that in the heat or if there are issues with the root mass. You DO have fairly small pots for the canopy size which could cause you PH issues in late flower. Something to watch for.

@Popmybean, nice plants!

@Big123 is an outstanding outdoor grower: see if he’ll weigh in.

2 Likes

@Edz thanks for the reading material!

@Myfriendis410 , thank you! I certainly got more than I was expecting with this grow! I usually give them a nice big watering in the morning, just a little scarry seeing the plant getting all droopy when I got home from work yesterday, making sure I can rule out most other things, since watering more is easily correctable! :grin:

3 Likes

5 Likes

Hi @thedeernad . Just stopping by to read. Nice job. LOTS of water. Im in Boston. Hardly any rain recently. I save rain though. Running low now. 90’s for days straight. Kelp WILL help. Mine get kelp/fish hydrolyzed weekly. Make the leaves feel like tomato plant leaves. Good luck. Better grow. Peace​:v::sunglasses: Thanks for the interesting read man.

@stretchgfw.1957 thanks bud! We just had some torrential downpour on my way home from work and came home to my favorite droopy girl with 2 fallen over colas :disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved::disappointed_relieved:

Did some swift bear hugging and stuffing in a tomato cage, hopefully she doesn’t get too mad at me for breaking some of her leaves…

1 Like

@Popmybean I made a disc with holes and bent some feet to spot weld on and it holds it up quite nicely!

6 Likes

6 Likes

All tied up and hanging on

2 Likes

There is a phase when the Lady will suck up water like a sponge. It’s also the time when the Lady will pack on weight/bud sites and grow to fullest. This is The Time to shovel as much water as she can take. It only lasts for a few weeks, but, it does make a diff.
Suggest you consider a nightly watering (as you are doing now) and perhaps a top off in the morning.

As to the broken branches…you may still be able to put them back in place and support ALL the plants. AS they will only get biggerer and heavier. Suggest a tomato cage and lots of strong tomato stakes( long iron plastic coated).

Nice fabrication on the ss spacers…will also help plants stay a little cooler.

1 Like

@tanlover442 thanks for the input! I’m going to be watering as you suggested, beefing up my morning water a tad as well as the night cap watering

Speaking to the broken branches, I’ve successfully got the plant that fell all suspended where it was damaged and it seems to be ok for now. The 2 colas that tipped are the weakest colas out of the bunch, this plant had been cleaned off by deer in mid may and I didnt have the chance to properly manifold it so I had 2 small colas underneath the 2 larger main colas, these are the ones that didnt make it today…and I certainly am kicking myself for taking off the small tomato cage I had on there :thinking:

The stands you made you great!!! Nice work :+1: hope they help your girls as much as they helped mine.

1 Like

Might water heavy in the early morning…dawn or within one hour…and a solid watering last several hours of the daylight. Watch for yellowing leaves and slumpy posture…sign of too much water.

@Popmybean thanks brother!

@tanlover442 , my heavy water is in the am, I’m up at 5am everyday, usually out by 5:30, starting the water process…then I usually get around to watering when I get home from work, which is anywhere from 4:30 - 5:30, so I’m like right in line with what you’re suggesting! I :ok_hand:

1 Like

Here is the water station…

1 Like

Your plants looking beautiful, well done!

I would suggest re-potting them all into something in the 25-45 gallon range ASAP so they will be more stable, not blow over from wind or need watering as often, go into flowering strong :muscle: , and harvest more resin laden buds.

5 Likes

Do it! Do it! They’re so beautiful, give them room to really take-off during bloom. They’re going to double or even triple in size!

3 Likes

@Big123 @blackthumbbetty I wouldn’t be against up potting, not sure if I can go for 25-40 safely, I already am pushing my wife’s limits considering I’m growing them right on our deck :grin:

I don’t want to have to give the neighbors TOO much product to keep them quiet :grin::grin:

1 Like