Droopy top of plant?

Hey all, attached is a picture of 2 of my ladies that have been going since the begining of April. As you can see in the picture, the one on the right is awfully droopy compared to the one on the left.

It’s been mid to upper 90s for the past 3 days and they have been drinking an awful lot of water, the cloth pots dry nice a and quick…my soil pH is right around 7.0 as per the shitty 3 way meter I have…I just got my digital pH and TDS meters today in the mail. My water going in I am now pHing for 6.5…is it possible this is a pH issue or simply that she’s thirstier than the others? I can keep giving her water, just don’t want to over do it…

4 Likes

Wow, those girls are pushing the limits on those pots. They’re HUGE!!!

The right one looks bigger, hence needs more water.

You’ll just have to keep watering with those temps.

2 Likes

@Drinkslinger I certainly got all that I bargained for with them! The tallest of the bunch is shoulder height on me, and I’m 5’9

1 Like

Up goes the watering for them!

It’ll be a lovely harvest.

Looks like they’re starting to stretch. What area are you in?

NW NJ, were not below 14 hrs light till Aug 10th

1 Like

The 2 in that picture have a month headstart on the other 3 that I have, however they got cleaned off deer in mid May

Do the tops perk back up at night?

I was just out looking, they are the same essentially, and now all the rest are in the night time drop too so they all look the same…I watered a lot when i got home from work today and it perked up and it, guess i should have watered again

1 Like

Cannabis always drops before sundown, regardless of dry/wet soil.

2 Likes

It was REALLY humid and hot today so they were all dry when I got home at 4

1 Like

I’ll just be sure to give that one extra water, it is the girthiest of the bunch, and its pistils are really getting fat so I assume its needing much more water

1 Like

I found when my plants got bigger in the bags I had better luck when I lifted them off the ground a bit so air could get underneath. I read an article somewhere along the way that suggested up on blocks was essential so I gave it a shot and she didn’t droop as much in high temps.
We have had brutally high temps and no rain in my area for 4-5 weeks until yesterday. I have one blue dream that I planted in April that is in a 15 gallon fabric pot. She’s a bit of a monster now :grimacing:

2 Likes

I was tossing around making stainless steel stands for all 5 plants tomorrow at work! Something that will get them like an inch off the ground and I can then collect runoff as an added bonus! Thanks @Popmybean ! I’ll post a pic of what I come up with

The heat dries my small 20 gallon fabric pot so much, twice a day I need to water. Two 100 gallon pots hold more moisture longer but still dry out faster. At night they’ll look like they droop but it’s just the nature of the strain. I use a soil water meter to see how dry before watering.

6 Likes

Hope it works out for you! Look forward to seeing how it goes. I used some old metal shelves on rocks in the greenhouse for smaller plants and blocks for the blue Dream in full sun in the yard.

1 Like

4 Likes

@Drinkslinger @Popmybean @Edz
Thanks guys for the swift responses! This morning she looked quite perked up! I watered last night before bed and its been dropping to the low 60s overnight…I think they love that! Will update later after I get them lifted :+1::+1::+1:

She’s the middle one in this picture…

3 Likes