Droopy Leaves in the Morning?

Good morning all! First time grower here, so please be gentle. I know I have a LOT to learn which is why I’m asking for guidance. :slight_smile:

I’m on week 3 right now of Veg. I’m on an 18/6 schedule with the lights, and run them from 2pm - 8am. Just yesterday morning I noticed my GSC Extreme looking “droopy” in the morning. I thought it could have been an over or under watering issue, so I felt the rockwool and it still felt moist so I held off on watering while they were in the dark.

When I opened the tent to turn the lights back on at 2pm, she was perked right back up again. She was perky and spry all through the night (I obsessively check through the view window whenever I wake up in the middle of the night lol).

This morning, however, she’s back to droopy (pic below):

I’m growing in a Vivosun 2X4X5 Tent
1200w Full Spectrum LED Grow Light (allegedly lol)
Humidity has been easy to control fluxuating between 40-60%
Temps have been in the 70-80F range

Any suggestions would be much appreciated! Thank you so much for your help! :slight_smile:

1 Like

They dont need to be perky whenever there is no light to catch lol

2 Likes

Mine tend to do the same thing just before lights on and lights out :v:

2 Likes

That’s because the plants know when the lights go off and it almost makes a habit. Japanese people do some crazy experiments on plants to see their memory…pretty shocking lmfao

4 Likes

I would put her in your growing media at this point. She may not be getting what she needs at 3 weeks.

1 Like

That was my understanding as well :+1: :v:

1 Like

I think the rockwool cube is the growing media. I’m debating on running those big 10 inch blocks they have. Alot of commercial facilities use rockwool for their plants.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for all the feedback already everybody!

Yeah, the rockwool cube IS the growing media (passive hydroponics, going to use the wick method).

I’m turning the lights back on in about 4hrs and I’ll take a pic and give another update :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well, after their 6 hour nap, both girls are perky as ever. lol I’m so confused. :laughing:

Skywalker OG on the Left, GSC Extreme on the Right:

I’m guessing I shouldn’t worry too much and just keep an eye out on anything else?

3 Likes

If that behavior is shocking…

2 Likes

They are fine, doing what they do!

1 Like

I watched this video of these scientists who made a drop of water hit this plant like once every 5 seconds for a year. They took the water away and the plant still moved like it was getting hit by water lol

3 Likes

That sounds like some ninja method of torture lol! :laughing:

2 Likes

I really appreciate everyone’s feedback and help! I’ll just keep on keeping on! :wink:

2 Likes

Totally normal for plants fan leaves to droop in dark periods and during the first hour when lights just come on. Think of it as they’re waking up and catching that light to turn into energy. You also will notice a slight dropping of fan leaves right after watering (assuming you’re drain to waste 10-25%)

Cheers

1 Like

Crazy!!!

Thank you so much, brother, that definitely makes me feel a lot better. The crazy part is though, they actually perk up when it’s dark. They start getting droopy around hour 16/17 of light right before I turn the lights OFF. Craziness. Trying not to overthink it though. lol :wink: