Droopy fan leaves in flower

3rd week of flower, noticed super droopy and and flimsy fan leaves. I haven’t watered in 4-5 days and the soil was bone dry so im not sure if thats why. I just watered them hoping foe them to bounce back. Not sure whats going on.

Their saying feeeeeed meeee

1 Like

They just needed water…
Don’t pay to much attention to droopy leaves 3 hours before lights out or 2 hours after lights on…
Plants will drop when there going to bed or just waking up…
After 6 hours of lights on and they still look droopy , then you know that they are thirsty… :wink:
:v::sunglasses:

3 Likes

It looks like there’s holes in the bucket, but make sure there is in case there isn’t.
She should perk back up after light cycle.

1 Like

@peachfuzz glad to hear that! Because I was worried about mine (1of mine) drooping a couple of hours before bedtime. :v::call_me_hand:

@NewbieNick just FYI overwatering and underwatering have the exact same symptoms. Happy growing! :v::call_me_hand:

1 Like

Ya , you always want to figure out your watering cycle in soil …
based on your plants age and how well they are growing and there health…
Small plants only need a little water…
Plants love oxygen…
And too much water will drown them if in excess…
But when your slightly overwatering them than they will grow anaerobic organisms in the soil and kill the plant slowly…
Either way , both are bad… :wink:

1 Like

Ya , not good enough…
You need to take a pot that’s the same size and fill it with the same media when its dry and freash out of the bag and see how it feels when you lift it…
Then take another pot with the same media freash out of the bag and run 5 gallons of water through it and see how heavy it is compared to the dry pot…
Trust me…
Your overwatering…
Soil is tricky when it comes to watering…

1 Like

@peachfuzz that was enlightening information! I’ve been on the fence on a couple of issues dealing with the droopy leaves. You answered both of them. :sunglasses::v::call_me_hand: sorry @NewbieNick for stepping on your thread. Happy growing your in good hands!!! With @peachfuzz :+1:

No worries my fellow cultivator…
It’s all good info that will get us all the best results …
Just want all of you to succeed… :wink:

1 Like

As @Covertgrower Was saying make sure you have a lot of holes in that bucket even up the sides it aerates the soil. My first grow was in five gallon buckets. Happy growing I’ll send you a pic of my last baby if you like.

1 Like

Need water…I water my plant daily because of this very reason.

Its already back to normal, im just an overprotective father hahaha. She looks great

3 Likes

A plant that size might better suited for a 5 gallon planting bag. I think the roots want more oxygen and you be getting a rootball. In bags the roots will drive deeper and out towards the edge of the bag as that’s where the oxygen is. I wouldn’t screw with that now but maybe consider for next grow?