Drooppy leaves and clawed tips

What is the strain and type(unknown bag seed, strain name, regular seeds, feminized seeds, auto-flower, etc)? Blackberry Kush; Chocolope

Indoor or Outdoor? indoor

in ground or in a container? fabric 5 gallon

Size of space (max height and area, length/width)?24sq ft 8ft high ceiling

Soil or Hydro? Type of Medium used? System type? FFOF

pH? Of the soil or medium (root zone/reservoir/run-off) and of the water and/or nutrient mix that is fed to the plant? 6.4-6.6

Type and strength of nutrients used? NPK? EC/TDS/PPM levels? Of what you feed it as well as what is in the water by itself and in the soil/medium (run-off), or reservoir. 1000-1300ppm

Temperature? Day vs. night temp or highest and lowest temps? Root zone temps? 85-88 day night 75

Humidity %? Day vs. night 40%

Light system/watts/lumens/FLUX/PAR? 4 cob 400watt LED

Ventilation system? Size? CFM? CO2? AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier? Exhaust 6in intake 4 in humidifier 40%

Number “weeks/days” from into Season, Vegetative Growth or
Bloom/flowering? 33 days from breaking the surface.

So first off I am not too concerned about what is going on but just trying to understand what is going on. So I have feed some silica to both plants which is 0 0 0.5 never back to back feeding. The chocolope was feed one dose of cal mag. So not much for nutrients. Mostly just pH water. I have been trying to let them dry out to the point where they are a little droopy. I water then the droop gets worse to the point the leaves are curled. Then will perk up after some time of the water settling in. What I cant figure out if it is an overwater issue or an under watering issue?

The little bit of clawing would say it is getting too much nutrients. I want to start adding FF Trio but not sure I should. Would a flush be in order?

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Tylan @Willd @WillyJ @BIGE @Screwauger @Ron330 @latewood @1BigFella

Also to just add the lights are 30 in from top of plant

4 Likes

I suspect the soil is a bit hot fir them
Ive had mix results when using ffof on young plants
I wouldn’t flush just let it dry out between waterings and dont feed anything
Can you post a picture as well @Smokin_ernie

5 Likes

Sure sign of excess nitrogen from what I recall. See how @Countryboyjvd1971’s advice takes and I think you’ll be ok.
I planted clones in a bed I amended with cow manure too close to planting time that wasn’t actually composted. They recovered after a few weeks that included a couple of soaking rains.

6 Likes

First off thanks brother! Sorry at work but I will get some photos when I get home. I was thinking that the soil is too hot for them. When I do a flush should I flush with sledgehammer? or pH water?

2 Likes

Clawing down could mean that it doesn’t have the calcium it needs and instead is pulling up all the potassium and nitrogen causing a nitrogen/potassium toxicity.

4 Likes

Thanks I knew it was getting too much of something. Looking like a flush could be in order.

2 Likes

This is interesting and it sounds logical. So flushing would be good and then after ad some cal mag?

1 Like

Might not even need to flush. Might just need cal-mag.

Here’s my reference btw, at 13:50 mark. Granted they’re talking about NFTG products but its still relevant.

1 Like

I wouldn’t flush it @Smokin_ernie
Post pictures later so we can get the visual before you do anything

2 Likes

Will do thanks.

1 Like

Depending on what calmag supplement you’re using, could be contributing to what I agree with the others, sounds like high n.

Would probably be easier to tell with the pics, just a thought in the meantime. A lot of the calmag bottles are dissolved calcium nitrate. So if you have one that’s like a 15-0-0 or 10-0-0 on top of a charged medium, could easily explain what you’re seeing.

That’s shooting from the hip for now, I agree with the others on how to proceed in meantime.

2 Likes

This is the chocolope claw

this is chocolope

This is the blackberry kush

2 Likes

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 @Willd @Tylan I had to run home at lunch. Dog got out of the house and seeing she is a hunting dog she was off and running. Doesn’t listen to great to my wife. So anyways after calling her name and blowing a whistle she was back. Covered in mud but fine. So I took a quick photo scroll up one. If you want I try after work to get in natural light.

3 Likes

Natural light would be better, but the dark green an clawing leaves suggest what the others said is correct. Not terrible though.

3 Likes

This is blackberry not sure any better light if not I will get one when lights go out.

This is chocolope it has brown spots on leaves that is why I gave her some cal mag.

@Countryboyjvd1971 @dbrn32 any better

2 Likes

I’d say earlier assessments spot on. You can certainly wait to see what cb thinks as well.

2 Likes

So what I take from the video and the advice from you guys is. Don’t flush, use cal-mag which I checked and it is Botanicare Cal-Mag 2 0 0.

@Tylan @dbrn32 @Countryboyjvd1971

1 Like

I don’t see any reason to flush. Would probably settle out with a couple of plain ph’d waterings.

I don’t think that flushing would hurt it much. But not necessarily worth growing through the hassle if ph is in range and everything else seems ok.

3 Likes

Thanks @dbrn32 I appreciate the quick responces.

2 Likes

Luck of the draw lol. If I’m active I’ll usually respond to notifications in a timely fashion.

You can certainly see what the others think too, I’m by no means a master cultivator.