Drooping cannabis plant

My cannabis plant is dropping and trying to figure out why this might be. I water once a day and sits in a 5 gallon fabric pot as well (FFOF soil). Could this be possibly overwatering? I follow that if the soul is dry to water it and have been. Still seems to be growing great.

You should be watering less frequently. Soak her then wait till she’s dry! Then repeat.

Can pick her up before and after watering to get to understand when to water vs doing it a set time/day

3 Likes

I hope this is my only issue because something I can take correct measures toward.

In a 5 gal with her being that small still I would give her a few days before you water again.

A good way I have found and seen others uses is to slightly pick up the pot and test the weight. She will get lighter as she uses the water up.

1 Like

Try to not make multiple post this fould have been kept in your original post lol copy and paste this and fill it out please

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed (photo or auto)
-Age of plant
-Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
-Vessels: Type and capacity of container (fabric, plastic, etc)
-PH and TDS of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
-PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
-Method used to measure PH and TDS
-Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
-Light system List brand and wattage/spectrum
-Actual wattage draw of lights
-Current Light Schedule
-Temps; Day, Night
-Humidity; Day, Night
-Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
-AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
-Co2; Yes, No

Yeah my bad I saw the post after I made this!

1 Like

Hi how ya going are you watering until run off cause u maybe under watering cause over watering and under watering look the same how much are you giving ur plant .i use five gallon fabric pots and when my plant is as big as urs i would water my plant with three to four ltrs of water then i would water it again three to four days later but i water until i get about 5-10% run off

2 Likes

I haven’t had any runoff that’s honestly what I’ve been concerned with as well. I haven’t seen any excess water drain to the bottom of my fabric pot and I’ve been using a sprayer to water her.

Yah i would say ur under watering her i would water her until u have run off .Now what i suggest is pick ur pot up feel how heavy it is before you water then when u water till run off then pick ur pot up again and feel how heavy it is after watering that way you will get a good idea of how heavy it should be before you have to water again i hope this helps you

3 Likes

Came home to this last week. I asked my wife to water and she missed this girl. Without water for four days. Watered strong she was back and perky next morning.

1 Like

Just shows you how both over and under watering are so similar.

2 Likes

I definitely concluded under-watering. I just watered her now and saw the run off everyone has talked about. It seeped through the sides of the pot but I didn’t really know how long to keep pouring for. I also now notice a significant amount of weight to my pot now, as everyone described. It was super light when I picked it up. Definitely don’t think I over watered her either considering I’d watch the water puddle up and then drain into the soil before watering another spot.

1 Like

Took the advice on the watering and you were correct! The leaves are already starting to perch up now. Thank you for the help!

Cannabis prefers a wet/dry cycle with watering. Watering every day is too often. Try every three days. Runoff is what comes out of the bag, the water/solution that isn’t absorbed. You want roughly 20% runoff. Meaning if you give her 1 gallon, a little under a quart should be your “runoff”. You can always give more or less. Use the weight of the bag to see how dry it is.

1 Like

I stopped watering once I saw run off come through the pot. I wasn’t watering enough since I was still using a sprayer (rookie mistake :joy:) but watered her really good last night and this morning she looks wayyyy better. Much happier. I always feared over watering a plant.

1 Like

They’re pretty resilient. And at that stage, overwatering can be fixed pretty easy. When they’re little babies though, overwatering can stunt them real bad, especially autos. Glad she’s looking better!

1 Like

No worries im glad to help you