DRIVER UPGRADES, rewire existing setup to a newer component

Ok so I'm not an electrician, or a science major, but I am electronics geek, all about DIY, and new to the grow world... I have some battles to win in order to get to where I want to be in the near future and I'm trying to accomplish this with it costing me as little as possible, financially and mentally lol. So here I go...  
  I have 3 quantum board style LED grow lights, a 100w, 120w, and 150w, only one of which had a driver accessible which was removable but no meanwell or any of the top 3 known. The 2 stronger ones had dimmers from off to 100%, the weakest had a veg and bloom switch and a old school blurple light which I used at end of flowering along with a full spectrum. Overall they were hot AF but didn't pack the punch I was looking for, So... I purchased a 4 bar style light with a driver in the top 3, I was excited because it had a dimmer not switch that went off to 100%, and finally rj11 in and out ports. No EXT button or switch but a master and slave switch. And with my luck upon learning some new information, I realized I purchased a light with an older style of the connectors, which from what I can gather, is not as compatible and cannot use all functions that the newer rj12 connections use.  
    So we're I'm going with this is....  (1.) Does any one know how to rewire the newer rj12 connectors for the rj11 currently with driver? (2.) Is this even worth it? (3.) What does the rj11 even effing do anyways???  (4.) The point of all this is I NEED my grow system as automated and remotely controlled via Android devices and or laptop, as cheaply and quickly as possible, with simplicity and comfort in mind. I have a very scary back surgery that I have postponed due to a few complications, and I'm trying to use this time to get this all setup and going before I get cut up and get my spine fused together. So that when I'm in recovery not much work will be required and any that is, my girlfriend who's fighting stage 2 brain cancer, who's as of recently began losing all vision as she battles this horrible shit, can safely and easily assist if I cannot do what ever is needed at the time.  My next big purchase aside from new Seeds/ genetics, I want to be a smart grow hub, controller, plug. NIWA was very expensive and difficult to get configured. So that's out! So I'm looking into AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro, Vivosun Grow Hub Controller E42, or Mars Hydro iHub Smart Power strip. So where I am going with this is, which of these should I be getting to take to the next level with my current grow equipment. Does anyone have anything for me on these smart grow systems, and upgrading RJ11 to RJ12 on my LED driver, and what the RJ11 can even do?   

2 Likes

I don’t have an answer that was just really hard to read. Please avoid doing that in the future as it might deter readers.

Here is that scrolling text👇 maybe @dbrn32 or @Myfriendis410 will take a crack at this.

Ok so I’m not an electrician, or a science major, but I am electronics geek, all about DIY, and new to the grow world… I have some battles to win in order to get to where I want to be in the near future and I’m trying to accomplish this with it costing me as little as possible, financially and mentally lol. So here I go…
I have 3 quantum board style LED grow lights, a 100w, 120w, and 150w, only one of which had a driver accessible which was removable but no meanwell or any of the top 3 known. The 2 stronger ones had dimmers from off to 100%, the weakest had a veg and bloom switch and a old school blurple light which I used at end of flowering along with a full spectrum. Overall they were hot AF but didn’t pack the punch I was looking for, So… I purchased a 4 bar style light with a driver in the top 3, I was excited because it had a dimmer not switch that went off to 100%, and finally rj11 in and out ports. No EXT button or switch but a master and slave switch. And with my luck upon learning some new information, I realized I purchased a light with an older style of the connectors, which from what I can gather, is not as compatible and cannot use all functions that the newer rj12 connections use.
So we’re I’m going with this is…
(1.) Does any one know how to rewire the newer rj12 connectors for the rj11 currently with driver?
(2.) Is this even worth it?
(3.) What does the rj11 even effing do anyways???
(4.) The point of all this is I NEED my grow system as automated and remotely controlled via Android devices and or laptop, as cheaply and quickly as possible, with simplicity and comfort in mind. I have a very scary back surgery that I have postponed due to a few complications, and I’m trying to use this time to get this all setup and going before I get cut up and get my spine fused together. So that when I’m in recovery not much work will be required and any that is, my girlfriend who’s fighting stage 2 brain cancer, who’s as of recently began losing all vision as she battles this horrible shit, can safely and easily assist if I cannot do what ever is needed at the time. My next big purchase aside from new Seeds/ genetics, I want to be a smart grow hub, controller, plug. NIWA was very expensive and difficult to get configured. So that’s out! So I’m looking into AC Infinity Controller 69 Pro, Vivosun Grow Hub Controller E42, or Mars Hydro iHub Smart Power strip. So where I am going with this is, which of these should I be getting to take to the next level with my current grow equipment. Does anyone have anything for me on these smart grow systems, and upgrading RJ11 to RJ12 on my LED driver, and what the RJ11 can even do?

4 Likes

Take might out of it. This is a case of trolling imo

2 Likes

Damn @Low I wish I would have scrolled down to see your comment before I read that!

3 Likes

I did and thought he was rude :rofl: until I read the op and happened to swipe right then right again then right again

2 Likes

Only thing automated in my grows is the timer. Light on, light off. Same spectrum, same intensity most of the grow. Ac infinity fans run in manual. Can’t really help much with this, but I don’t really understand the need for this level of automation with such a small grow either.

5 Likes

Check with ACI and HLG, they both make a lot of adaptors for various lights to different controllers.

So is the main problem that your new light is set up for a the RJ11 and you have an RJ12 to put on? Did it come with a RJ11 installed on it?

I have the ACI 69 with Bluetooth and love it compared to my 67 controller, don’t need the range of the pro/Wi-Fi model. The min/off setting is nice to help keep everything in a more even range and have it set it adjust the main fan a lvl per rh% or degree instead of ramping up straight to the on/max setting.

I don’t know about the other controllers you mentioned have only used ACI.

1 Like
 Thank you to those who take their time and energy to spend it on blessing me with any bit of knowledge! I'll take it all and I appreciate it a lot. 
 If you just wasted your time just saying something that either didn't offer nothing beneficial or maybe was your projections you chose me to dump on, than Hey, thank you, move on, and that's that. 
  Yes my 4 Bar style LED light has a box wired to driver with a "off %0 - 100%" Dimmer Knob, a Master / Slave switch. Master I can control intensity with knob, Slave it powers up str8 to 100%. in-between are 2 rj11 In and Out jacks. 
 To my knowledge from what I have gathered allows me to "Daisy Chain" multiple fixtures together, box came with a set of Long rj11 cables that I have no other clue what else this does. I think because my light isn't like one of the more known fixtures and it's the older rj11 set up, the most I can do is turn on and off with no dimming availability or custom settings. I read up on the driver's forums and website and it can switched out with meanwell driver, or the rj11 can be upgraded with rj12 with the right parts which than should be able to than do the extra shit it couldn't before. The pdf they had me down load for doing this switch was plain and simple I was hoping to get more help from someone who has already successfully done this and knows it works. 
   And yeah I have 4 plants currently growing. So it's small. Some of don't have the luxury of having lots of space to utilize and produce large grows or massive grows. So what that means that I'm too small scaled for wanting to have my grow automated? Wanting to have as much control remotely as I could, and still grow some decent anger killing flower, and be able to have this spinal surgery and recover smoothly with the satisfaction of knowing I can control everything from my Android device or laptop instead of getting hurt doing shit manually myself or depending on someone else who can potentially fuck my grow up trying to help..? Come on yo... They sell fully automated hydroponic self watering systems that grow two fucking lettuce heads only. That's ain't too small to wrap ya head around yo?

@baydestrian707 however you are putting your text in makes it super hard to read. Are you uploading a notepad document? Try to just copy/paste the text over instead so we can scroll down to read instead of trying to forever scroll left and right! Not trying to sound mean, just makes it hard to read and help when getting frustrated at the format.

Thank you to those who take their time and energy to spend it on blessing me with any bit of knowledge! I’ll take it all and I appreciate it a lot.
If you just wasted your time just saying something that either didn’t offer nothing beneficial or maybe was your projections you chose me to dump on, than Hey, thank you, move on, and that’s that.
Yes my 4 Bar style LED light has a box wired to driver with a “off %0 - 100%” Dimmer Knob, a Master / Slave switch. Master I can control intensity with knob, Slave it powers up str8 to 100%. in-between are 2 rj11 In and Out jacks.
To my knowledge from what I have gathered allows me to “Daisy Chain” multiple fixtures together, box came with a set of Long rj11 cables that I have no other clue what else this does. I think because my light isn’t like one of the more known fixtures and it’s the older rj11 set up, the most I can do is turn on and off with no dimming availability or custom settings. I read up on the driver’s forums and website and it can switched out with meanwell driver, or the rj11 can be upgraded with rj12 with the right parts which than should be able to than do the extra shit it couldn’t before. The pdf they had me down load for doing this switch was plain and simple I was hoping to get more help from someone who has already successfully done this and knows it works.
And yeah I have 4 plants currently growing. So it’s small. Some of don’t have the luxury of having lots of space to utilize and produce large grows or massive grows. So what that means that I’m too small scaled for wanting to have my grow automated? Wanting to have as much control remotely as I could, and still grow some decent anger killing flower, and be able to have this spinal surgery and recover smoothly with the satisfaction of knowing I can control everything from my Android device or laptop instead of getting hurt doing shit manually myself or depending on someone else who can potentially fuck my grow up trying to help…? Come on yo… They sell fully automated hydroponic self watering systems that grow two fucking lettuce heads only. That’s ain’t too small to wrap ya head around yo?

1 Like

The answer is “it’s not worth it” @baydestrian707. It sounds like you’re mad that experts answered in a way that offended you. If I’m wrong…I apologize. This forum is here to help.

3 Likes